Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th of November 2007 (Sun)   #1
johnquist

Question newb ? d20 to laptop?

Hi, I'm new here. I need to take some Christmas photos of my church group and I was wondering what program should I have to take the picture and have it viewable on my laptop right away. I need to burn CD's for the families while I gain experience. I'm using Canon D20 and have Photoshop Elements 4.0 but I was wondering what program or interface, if any, anyone would recommend to make this easier. Thanks in advance!
John
johnquist is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 12th of November 2007 (Mon)   #2
ryant35
Goldmember

Default Re: newb ? d20 to laptop?

If you are talking about connecting your laptop to your camera and viewing immediately on the laptop, then you can use the Canon software that came with your camera. If you don't have the disks, you can downloaded it from the Canon website.

Otherwise there is also a driver needed to connect your camera with a USB cable to copy your images, also on the disk or downloaded from the Canon website.

If you are just looking to copy the pictures over, I recommend a Compact Flash card reader, it's faster, doesn't require a driver, and doesn't use your camera's battery.
ryant35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of November 2007 (Tue)   #3
Dchemist

Ryan's point on the card reader is well put. It is fast, reliabel and your camera is not tide to anything so you can get tangled in the wire and transfer the camera to the floor (and I assure you the latter happens). They usually quite cheap. Good luck, Dennis (and welcome)
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 14th of November 2007 (Wed)   #4
johnquist

Thank you, I do have a card reader and it makes total sense! No cords!
johnquist is offline   Reply With Quote