newb ? d20 to laptop?

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 11 Nov 2007 (Sunday) 17:03   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

johnquist
Joined Nov 2007
53 posts
McKinney, TX
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi, I'm new here. I need to take some Christmas photos of my church group and I was wondering what program should I have to take the picture and have it viewable on my laptop right away. I need to burn CD's for the families while I gain experience. I'm using Canon D20 and have Photoshop Elements 4.0 but I was wondering what program or interface, if any, anyone would recommend to make this easier. Thanks in advance!
John :D

Post #1, Nov 11, 2007 17:03:20

20D; 7D; 5Dm2 ... a coupLe Lens; and some other stuff... a decent job, a good son, a strong woman and solid faith!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
ryant35
Goldmember
Joined May 2007
4,328 posts
Lake Forest, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

If you are talking about connecting your laptop to your camera and viewing immediately on the laptop, then you can use the Canon software that came with your camera. If you don't have the disks, you can downloaded it from the Canon website.

Otherwise there is also a driver needed to connect your camera with a USB cable to copy your images, also on the disk or downloaded from the Canon website.

If you are just looking to copy the pictures over, I recommend a Compact Flash card reader, it's faster, doesn't require a driver, and doesn't use your camera's battery.

Post #2, Nov 12, 2007 23:14:38

1DsMKII, 2 7D's & Grips & 1 dead 40D, 24-104mm f/4 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II, 1.4X TC III, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 50mm f/1.8, 580EXII
www.ryantorresphotogra​phy.comexternal link"Ducky in the City" Fun for the ducky loving community.Photography Facebook Fan Pageexternal link

Dchemist
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2003
1,632 posts
Woodbury, Connecticut
[MORE/SHARE]

Ryan's point on the card reader is well put. It is fast, reliabel and your camera is not tide to anything so you can get tangled in the wire and transfer the camera to the floor (and I assure you the latter happens). They usually quite cheap. Good luck, Dennis (and welcome)

Post #3, Nov 13, 2007 11:45:15 as a reply to ryant35's post 12 hours earlier.

POTN Book Vol4 Astronomy Image Manager and BC Member
20D, 5DMkII, 50F1.4, 100F2.8 macro, 135F2, 17-40F4, 70-200F2.8, 24-105F4, 580EX

johnquist
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Nov 2007
53 posts
McKinney, TX
[MORE/SHARE]

Thank you, I do have a card reader and it makes total sense! No cords!

Post #4, Nov 14, 2007 10:00:45

20D; 7D; 5Dm2 ... a coupLe Lens; and some other stuff... a decent job, a good son, a strong woman and solid faith!

LIST NEARBY THREADS
396 views & 0 likes for this thread
newb ? d20 to laptop?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES