Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Performing Arts
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th of November 2007 (Sun)   #1
rocker83

Default Orpheum theater Boston

Hey guys,
Im going to be seeing Marketa and Glen perform songs from the independent film called "Once" this wednesday if anyone is familar...Its a musical that came out about a year ago and has been in small indy theaters if you are familiar...

Anyway, I would really like to take my big lenses and camera because i have rather good seats into the Orpheum theater in Boston...Has anyone ever tried this not being a paid photographer or press photographer? Did they get kicked out or spoken to? Im just wondering, its not a huge venue but you know how security is these days...

Thanks
rocker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of November 2007 (Sun)   #2
Compact Diss

Default Re: Orpheum theater Boston

Call the Orpheum. It seems like most venues are allowing point and shoot cameras these day but bring out a professional lens and you get stopped.
Compact Diss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th of November 2007 (Sun)   #3
narlus
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Orpheum theater Boston

i'd say typically that a DSLR w/ big lens is not allowed...they do seem to be lenient w/ P&S cameras these days...a few years ago, i had front row tickets for wilco but couldn't bring in my Elph. they made me take the battery out.

however, i think security has either gotten lax, or doesn't care, as the last two times i was there (kings of leon; morrissey) i saw two different people w/o photo passes and DSLRs.
narlus is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member