Thread started 18 Nov 2007 (Sunday) 10:48   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

rocker83
Joined Jul 2006
852 posts
Boston
[MORE/SHARE]

Hey guys,
Im going to be seeing Marketa and Glen perform songs from the independent film called "Once" this wednesday if anyone is familar...Its a musical that came out about a year ago and has been in small indy theaters if you are familiar...

Anyway, I would really like to take my big lenses and camera because i have rather good seats into the Orpheum theater in Boston...Has anyone ever tried this not being a paid photographer or press photographer? Did they get kicked out or spoken to? Im just wondering, its not a huge venue but you know how security is these days...

Thanks

Post #1, Nov 18, 2007 10:48:35

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Compact ­ Diss
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2007
1,418 posts
Melrose, MA
[MORE/SHARE]

Call the Orpheum. It seems like most venues are allowing point and shoot cameras these day but bring out a professional lens and you get stopped.

Post #2, Nov 18, 2007 11:26:18

Boston Street Photographyexternal link
Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

narlus
Cream of the Crop
Joined Apr 2006
7,570 posts
North Andover, MA
[MORE/SHARE]

i'd say typically that a DSLR w/ big lens is not allowed...they do seem to be lenient w/ P&S cameras these days...a few years ago, i had front row tickets for wilco but couldn't bring in my Elph. they made me take the battery out.

however, i think security has either gotten lax, or doesn't care, as the last two times i was there (kings of leon; morrissey) i saw two different people w/o photo passes and DSLRs.

Post #3, Nov 18, 2007 12:52:45

www.tinnitus-photography.comexternal link
Facebook linkexternal link

gear list

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,101 views & 0 likes for this thread
Orpheum theater Boston
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Performing Arts

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES