Sorry no pictures even the jpeg was 21meg in size.
I finally figured out where photo-merge in PS CS was hiding (I know it was in plain sight, but I didn't think to actually look there for it.
So I decided to see what happens when I try stiching together a set of images that did not work at all well in Canon photo stich. While it did not work perfectly, it worked way better. What I don't like is I could not find a way to adjust the one or two images (out of 10) that were mis-aligned (probably because my model moved ever so slightly). This is one area where I can get photo stich to work well. So if anyone knows how to correct a single image in photo merge, please feel free to let me know.
I like the way photo stich works overall (although I hate having to save my RAW to 8 bit TIF first (at least PS CS does this automatically) in that I place the images where I want them. What doesn't work in photo stich is that I can't have only one image on the bottom if I have 3 images on every other row, whereas, PS CS had no problem with this.
PS CS did seem to do a much better job on first go round, but until I can figure out how to correct an image after the fact kind of annoying. I will admit I did not try to stich the images in using manual mode, so that may end up working better.
My other annoyance with Canon photo stich is it has issues if you are not between 15 and 25% overlap. Less then that and it just won't get it and more and it seems to get confused.
I was also considering actually purchasing some stiching software, but it is low priority for me at this time.
The features I want are as follows if someone has used something that match all of my criteria let me know.
1. take in 16 bit RAW, I will settle for 8 bit TIF.
2. I like the way PS CS just let me select from the file list and then made a first attempt at it.
3. I like photo stich's ability to correct a single image by showing the boundary and then letting match a boundary between two images
4. I also like photo stich's placement for the images (although it seems is may be unnecessary in PS CS)
5. Lastly I want it to let me correct an individual images color balance (or image matching) speparately, but while still viewing it in comparison to the adjacent images. Or to have it do a better job of correcting the image versus the adjoining images.
Thanks, any help appreciated.
PS. I won't see any replys until Friday at the earliest since I am traveling this week.