Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 10 Dec 2007 (Monday) 18:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Has anyone heard of CirclePix?

jargaguy
424 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 10, 2007 18:38 |  #1

I was searching the job ads the other day online and found an ad for photographers. The ad is not online anymore. The company is called CirclePix...here is their link...CirclePix (external link)...I answered the ad and got this response....

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I have had multiple applicants in this area. Hopefully this will explain the basic details and then when we talk I can answer any other questions you might have, feel free to give me a call. The Bergen County area is a great producer for us, it is already averaging 30 shoots per month and still growing. This area is producing a great part time income, and return on investment should come quickly.

CirclePix is the largest nationwide virtual tour provider. We are approaching nearly 400 photographers nationwide. We are looking for an area representative who is an outgoing responsible individual willing to help build his/her area shooting virtual tours. This person would be able to make great money. Each tour takes an average of one hour to photograph. (This includes drive time) We also do virtual tours of commercial properties, "for sale by owners" and businesses which can be very lucrative besides just the residential properties.

The investment for this opportunity is $2,100 (if you already own the equipment or SLR equipment we can approve this investment will decrease to $1,100. The only cameras we approve are Canon and Nikon Digital SLRs. (There are multiple cameras we do approve so feel free to ask if the one you own will be suited for this position). This covers all your new equipment which includes the Nikon D40 Digital SLR Camera, Nikon 18-55 mm Wide Angle Lens, Pelican carrying Case, Bogen tripod, Nikon SB600 External Flash, our patented Rotator Arm to take the virtual scenes , Memory Card, Extra Battery, Charger, set up and training. You will be trained so you can be ready to start shooting tours as soon as possible. A good knowledge of the Internet and a personal computer is needed, as well as, high speed Internet access.

We do pay our photographers on a per shoot basis. This will range from $35-$45 per home, depending on what package the customer orders. You can make even more with commercial shoots. Commercial shoots are set up differently. The pay range is$60 to $80 an hour. This territory can be grown into a great producing area in a short time with an outgoing customer service related individual willing to help his/her area grow.

This is a fun opportunity you don't want to miss. Since there are a few people looking at the territory it will be taken very fast. As long as applicants are responsible and customer service oriented it is a first come first serve basis.

You can also check out our website at http://www.circlepix.c​om (external link) to see sample tours and our products.

I called and the hiring manger returned my call. We spoke and he sounded legit, but you never know. He brought up the start up costs and asked about my gear and such and he said everything was fine except I need an 18mm lens, which I would have to get. I would still have to invest $1100 and I'm still not sure for what. He has sent me a contract, but I haven't read it yet.

If anyone has info please let me know.

Thanks for reading this long post!!

JA

5D II - 30D w/ 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM - 70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM - B+W 77mm UV(2) - B+W Circ. Pol. - 580EX II - 580 EX -(2)Alien Bee 800 - Sekonic-358 - Canon BG-E2 & E6 Battery Grips - Canon RS-80N3 - Canon CP-E4 Battery Pack - Custom Bracket Pro-M - Lumiquest Pro-Max 80-20 & Softbox Gitzo G1228 - Whibal - MacBook Pro - Lacie 320
www.jargapix.com (external link) - www.jargapix.zenfolio.​com (external link)

sponsored links
jargaguy
THREAD ­ STARTER
424 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 11, 2007 01:04 |  #2

Just finished reading the contract the sent me and it reads legit. I'm gonna do a search and see what I can find.

Hopefully someone's got some info.

JA

5D II - 30D w/ 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM - 70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM - B+W 77mm UV(2) - B+W Circ. Pol. - 580EX II - 580 EX -(2)Alien Bee 800 - Sekonic-358 - Canon BG-E2 & E6 Battery Grips - Canon RS-80N3 - Canon CP-E4 Battery Pack - Custom Bracket Pro-M - Lumiquest Pro-Max 80-20 & Softbox Gitzo G1228 - Whibal - MacBook Pro - Lacie 320
www.jargapix.com (external link) - www.jargapix.zenfolio.​com (external link)

Mandy9498
50 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 11, 2007 12:07 |  #3

Yes. I used to work at a real estate office in MA and we used their service frequently.

Mandy
My Website (external link)
Facebook (external link)

redkatgraphics
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 12, 2010 21:00 |  #4

I guess you must have found out it is a scam-- I saw an ad for it and researched and found a ripoff report. I'm so tired of scam artists wasting the time of people who really need jobs! (This is from ripoffreport.com)

" Robert Davis DBA Circlepix.com

Photographers Baited, charged $1200 for zip code area, contracted one year then fired unfairly for new victim by CIRCLEPIX Virtual Tour Co. Springville Utah

... More Hawaii Photographers are Ripped off by CirclePix.com

Robert Davis DBA Circlepix.com
676 W. 1200 N
Springville Utah 84663
U.S.A.
Phone: 801-373-1868
Web Address:

Category: Photography

Submitted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Last posting: Wednesday, March 25, 2009
PHOTOGRAPHERS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY SCAM: CirclePix.com, a Virtual Tour and Marketing co. based online that produces 360 degree real estate tours is scouting all over the USA for photographers to cover a certain zip code area in each state. I was referred by a photographer in Hawaii and took over her zip code area.

After a long orientation and promises of 20-30 tours a month. I bought over $3,000 worth of camera equipment and a "special" patented camera swivle head used to shoot the tours and then told I would have to buy my area and zip codes.

The cost of the orientation (which I already knew thru being a trainee with the former photographer) was an additional $1200. Plus the former photographer was trying to get me to buy her old equipment as well.

I fell for the SCAM. FIRST OF ALL, I was only getting a few tours per week, not the 20-30 per month that was promised. The contract was for one year with an option to renew for each additional year. They hired 2 more photographers in an area that one could handle and got 2 more dummies to pay all that money as well.

When the year came to an end, I didn't hardly re-coup my losses and they stated they would only renew the contract month to month, and if I didn't like it, I could quit.

I had a great relationship with my clients and no complaints and was a very good employee. I noticed they fired alot of the sales people and always had new,young, pretty girls working the sales lines.One of the girls that were fired said there was a lot of sexual harrassment going on in the company.

Some of my customers complained that the phone sales people were not experienced and they didn't know what they were doing. When I coveyed that to my manager at that time (now fired) He, (Andy) and the company (Circlepix) wrote me a termination letter, saying I took too long to sign the month to month contract they had sent me (even tho it was unfair and a lie to me.

There was absolutely NO REASON to fire me. Only because by hiring a new, waiting photographer, they could make that additional fee and sale of equipment. What a SCAM JOB and UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES!!

I am now stuck in a bad economy with my savings gone and did nothing to deserve this treatment. I am not the only photographer they did this to. I have told him to write in as well as anyone else around the USA that had a bad experience with this RIP OFF company.

The problem is because we are here in Hawaii and this company is out of UTAH, it is hard to do something to these creeps. If there is a lawyer that can help us, Please contact us, we may have enough people for a class action lawsuit.

Photogalrip
Honolulu, Hawaii
U.S.A."

rlconklin
76 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 13, 2010 14:53 |  #5

General rule of thumb is that if someone asks you for money up front before they hire you, it's a scam.

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon XTi, Canon 85 1.4L, Canon 24-105L, Canon 50 1.8, Canon 35-70, Canon 70-200

imagedudeone
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Dec 29, 2017 20:46 as a reply to  @ redkatgraphics's post |  #6

Stay away from this company!! they are total scam! they DON'T pay their photographers even after services been rendered ...I have been working with them for almost 6 years..... finally learned my lesson...

imagedudeone
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Dec 29, 2017 20:56 as a reply to  @ rlconklin's post |  #7

They ask you to buy the rotating head which is piece of junk....their pay is very LOW!! $37.50 per house ...do the math, it takes about 40 min to photograph the entire house..plus hour and half ( round trip ) and at least 45min edit files and send to their website..so $37.50 divide 3 hours ( trip, photo shoot and edit) total $12.50 per hour... the problem is Circlepix can simply cancel or hire another photographer to re shoot the house and end up you get nothing... all they need just a lie

imagedudeone
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Dec 29, 2017 21:00 as a reply to  @ jargaguy's post |  #8

Stay away from this company!! they are total scam! they DON'T pay their photographers even after services been rendered ...I have been working with them for almost 6 years..... finally learned my lesson...

imagedudeone
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Dec 29, 2017 21:13 |  #9

They will take 60% of your hard working money away and pay you the difference ... not mention your travel expenses like gasoline, toll etc.... you end up making around $10-12 per hour... less than what babysitter gets paid....

The biggest issue is they can take away your assignment ( after your completed) away at anytime so they don"t have to pay you... for instance, if you shot 15 houses ..at the end of your pay period, you will see there only 9-10 assignments will be added to your payroll ... this is highway robbery!

sponsored links

4,833 views & 2 likes for this thread
Has anyone heard of CirclePix?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.