Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of December 2007 (Fri)   #1
zorz

Default Fulfilling BluDomain shopping cart orders

How do those who use BluDomain's integrated shopping cart fulfill their print orders? I assume you get an e-mail once a client submits an order. After that, do you manually key in its details in your preferred lab's ordering system, or are there ways of automatic forwarding the order directly to some lab?

Unfortunately, I couldn't find this info on BD's site nor here after a half-hour search. Thank you.
1D Mk II N, 5D, 85mm L, 24-70mm L, 70-200mm L IS, 15mm fisheye, 50mm Mk I, Hensel Integra Pro monolights w/radio (3), 580EX II and 430X, Sekonic L-758DR, PocketWizards, Manfroto CF tripod, Wacom Intuos 3 6x11, EyeOne Display 2, Canon PIXMA Pro 9000
zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 14th of December 2007 (Fri)   #2
jenirose3

Default Re: Fulfilling BluDomain shopping cart orders

the only automated part of BD shopping cart is you can automated payment using paypal....you will still have to manually take that order and enter it your labs ordering system...
http://www.lolaandme.com, http://www.provocateurphotography.com, http://www.modelmayhem.com/provocateurphotography
jenirose3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of December 2007 (Fri)   #3
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenirose3 View Post
the only automated part of BD shopping cart is you can automated payment using paypal....you will still have to manually take that order and enter it your labs ordering system...
Thank you for confirmation, I thought so. With everything else already in place, wouldn't the service be just perfect if this step were also automated?.. (Technical part is of no concern as I am hosting elsewhere, reliably.)
1D Mk II N, 5D, 85mm L, 24-70mm L, 70-200mm L IS, 15mm fisheye, 50mm Mk I, Hensel Integra Pro monolights w/radio (3), 580EX II and 430X, Sekonic L-758DR, PocketWizards, Manfroto CF tripod, Wacom Intuos 3 6x11, EyeOne Display 2, Canon PIXMA Pro 9000
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 14th of December 2007 (Fri)   #4
jenirose3

Yes. I think I've heard of some (portfolio builders mainly) who use (I want to say mpix or some hosting site, maybe, I can't remember) where you set up the client's proof gallery on their site and the client logs in and looks at their proofs and then orders directly from the lab. I don't know the exact details but was kind of mickey mouse. I'd rather it appear seamless to my client than to me.
http://www.lolaandme.com, http://www.provocateurphotography.com, http://www.modelmayhem.com/provocateurphotography
jenirose3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of December 2007 (Fri)   #5
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenirose3 View Post
Yes. I think I've heard of some (portfolio builders mainly) who use (I want to say mpix or some hosting site, maybe, I can't remember) where you set up the client's proof gallery on their site and the client logs in and looks at their proofs and then orders directly from the lab. I don't know the exact details but was kind of mickey mouse. I'd rather it appear seamless to my client than to me.
Miller's, not MPix, offers that, as well as Collages, Pictage, and few more. Although having both proofing and direct print ordering would be ideal in BluDomain, I agree that from a presentational standpoint, it looks sleeker and is more convenient to the clients to do all in one place, even if it only appears so (as in BluDomain).