PLACING AN AD IN MARKETPLACE
IMPORTANT NOTE: ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WITH POTN 30 DAYS AND POSTED 30 MESSAGES MAY LEAVE ADS.
- Include your country of residence in the title, even if you are willing to sell outside that area. Within the post, please provide an indication of where you live.
- Specify the currency you are selling in.
- Post pictures, where applicable, in the original post.
- Please list any extras or accessories you will include in the transaction.
- State the acceptable method(s) of payment.
- Please state if shipping/insurance is included in the price. Also state the method of shipping you are proposing.
- Mark SOLD by locking the thread: see http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=179825
- All Thread titles should include one or more of the following abbreviations in the TITLE:
FS = For Sale
FA = for Auction (it is permissible to advertise your ebay /auctions, but they MUST contain "FA" in the title)
FT = For trade
WTB = Want to buy (when your looking to buy something.)
If you sell only to certain continent, country or trade area, please state that in title, e.g.:
For Sale (UK) Canon EF-S 17-85mm
For Sale (US) Canon EF-S 17-85mm
For Sale Canon EF-S 17-85mm (EU)
It is always helpful to your fellow members to have your actual location listed either in the thread, or in your member profile.
To automatically follow replies, use our "subscription" feature: either set it on in your User CP before posting or use thread tools -> subscribe thread after posting.
UPDATE: 13 October 2008
In attempt to avoid blatant scam attempts and have some post history on those who place ads, and to make the Sell and Buy forums a service for our loyal member and not just a passer-by:
From now on you will need to be an established member of POTN in order to start new threads in buy or sell forums. This means you need 30 days and 30 posts before you can place your ad or reply to them.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN YOU REACH 30 POSTS AND 30 DAYS, PERMISSIONS UPDATE WILL TAKE COUPLE OF HOURS.
Please let moderators know if you have any permission problems after the change.
If you decide to act as an proxy for member who does not have permission to participate to marketplace or send PM, then we have no way to prevent that (unless you tell us). But be aware of this: if there is a scam, you will also get banned for aiding a scammer. So please do not do it unless you know the member 100% and trust him/her 100%.