Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 18 Sep 2004 (Saturday) 19:28
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Ideas for photo essay?

quiksquirrel
608 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Denmark
Oct 10, 2011 07:39 |  #16

Just to be clear, since I couldn't really tell from the OP.
Are you writing about photography, or is it more photo journalistic in nature, where you tell a story (not necessarily photography related), through images?

If the former, I would start with a aspect of photography that appeals to you (a specific style or area of the trade for example), and write about that.
You could choose a photo, that you really like (one of yours) and write about the process behind it.

If your approach is more journalistic, you basically just find anything that you wan't to tell poeple about. Start with some good strong images, that tell the story and bind them together with words.

sponsored links
rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.
Oct 12, 2011 07:02 |  #17

Since the post is from 2004 I will be the assignment has already been submitted. :)

quiksquirrel wrote in post #13228648external link
Just to be clear, since I couldn't really tell from the OP.
Are you writing about photography, or is it more photo journalistic in nature, where you tell a story (not necessarily photography related), through images?

If the former, I would start with a aspect of photography that appeals to you (a specific style or area of the trade for example), and write about that.
You could choose a photo, that you really like (one of yours) and write about the process behind it.

If your approach is more journalistic, you basically just find anything that you wan't to tell poeple about. Start with some good strong images, that tell the story and bind them together with words.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

Big ­ Apple ­ Photography
Wish I had a 5D Classic
4,148 posts
Joined Feb 2011
Near a pot of gold
Oct 12, 2011 14:21 |  #18

rklepper wrote in post #13239302external link
Since the post is from 2004 I will be the assignment has already been submitted. :)

:lol: ;))

Love POTN? Donate!
Feel like spending your money? Support POTN while doing that! Shop here! ;)external linkTF IS BOORING...Undeserving of the TF's further attention, but sadly in need of a spell-checkexternal link

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,628 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Mar 18, 2012 19:16 |  #19

bowling, it's hot and every town has a bowling alley.

geoffreybaker
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2017
Sep 26, 2017 09:55 |  #20

It's easy, if u want to post diffrent nice views u should find some type of views u like (landscapes (here u can play with season chages), industrial, cozy towns (villages) etc.) then it must be a great photo essay.

Express Essay (external link) Photos

OhLook
Spiderwoman
14,970 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Sep 26, 2017 10:39 |  #21

geoffreybaker wrote in post #18460748 (external link)
It's easy, if u want to post diffrent nice views u should find some type of views u like (landscapes (here u can play with season chages), industrial, cozy towns (villages) etc.) then it must be a great photo essay.

Perhaps "u" didn't notice that the original question appeared 13 years ago. By now, school days must be over for that student. It's always a good idea to check dates before composing "ur" reply.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

sponsored links

110,687 views & 2 likes for this thread
Ideas for photo essay?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.