Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Accessories & Storage
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th of April 2008 (Tue)   #46
martinsmith

Default Re: -=WARNING FAKE RC-1 on E-aby=- :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorter View Post
oh! lol, will the seller get pissed off if you're delaying for ages?

I ended up buying another legit one from a shop and it works like a charm, the dodgy one was an absolute shocker
Well, he hasn't so far. Mine seems to work fine, but the packaging looks suspect.
Old 3rd of June 2008 (Tue)   #47
ghostman

Default Re: I believe this is a (sophisticated) fake RC-1 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
The seller I bought my ebay flash triiggers and cable release from had perfect feedback. The triggers were a piece of crap and the cable release never ever arrived. I now don't deal with Chinese thieves.
I actually just bought an item from the same ebay seller that rhys keeps complaining about. It arrived quite quick and I can't complain.

When buying anything on ebay from an overseas seller, realize that shipping back a defective item WILL be expensive. And defective products happen. This is regardless of the location or nationality of the seller. I followed rhys's trouble with the flash triggers from the start and I have to say a lot had to do with a lack of research. Those were v1 flash triggers which were known to be flaky with Canon Speedlites. My gripe with rhys is that he turned from complaining about the flash triggers (which are notoriously unreliable) to complaining about the seller to complaining about the Chinese.

Back on topic, I'm curious if there was ever an update after sending the ebay RC-1 to Canon. If it's not genuine, it appears to be a surprisingly convincing fake. My RC-1 (from Adorama) is still working, but I've always found its performance to be quite lacking. I still occasionally use the timer instead.
Canon Rebel XTi (400D), Canon 70-200mm f/4L, Tamron f/2.8 28-75mm, Canon f/3.5-5.6 10-22mm, Canon f/1.8 50mm, S-M-C Takumar f/1.4 50mm, Nikon f/1.8 50mm E Series, 2xCanon 430EX, Canon 540EZ, Sunpak 5000AF, Minolta 4000AF, Velbon MAXi, Dynatran CF994
ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th of June 2008 (Fri)   #48
bikinicenter

I heard some of those ebayers talk to people in China that can copy anything you send them, including goods like these. I read it on another forum whereby a powerseller was doing it and the product was very poor quality, he had a ton of negative feedback about it, but overall, since he was also selling other legit goods, he remains on eBay still.

Same with Tommy shirts on eBay, don't buy from there ever again after I got a fake Tommy shirt.

bikini contests
bikinicenter is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 7th of July 2008 (Mon)   #49
smorter
Goldmember

Default Re: -=WARNING FAKE RC-1 on E-bay=- :(

I was going to Canon Australia today to have them check it out but en route I had a transport issue and ended up losing my genuine RC-1

I am cursed with these things, this is the second one I've lost now but it was my fault. I had 3 boxes of RC1s in my pocket, one empty box, one full box with fake, one full box with my 2nd genuine RC1, and the box that fell out and got lost was the genuine one

Murphy's law strikes again!

I will be going to Canon Aus tomorrow though to check it out, I'm hoping they give me a replacement original (Fat chance)
Old 14th of July 2008 (Mon)   #50
smorter
Goldmember

Went to Canon Australia, they said it probably was a fake and that they had been getting reports of fake Canon Battery chargers as well

They didn't seem to care otherwise though
Old 15th of July 2008 (Tue)   #51
Kimberwhip

anyone see a fake cg-580 charger?? looking on ebay and lots of them look like the real deal but the China thing kinda scares me.

Kimberwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of October 2008 (Mon)   #52
goldcanon
User is banned from forums

Looking at the picture of the RC.
goldcanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of November 2008 (Fri)   #53
Bernt-Inge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberwhip View Post
anyone see a fake cg-580 charger?? looking on ebay and lots of them look like the real deal but the China thing kinda scares me.
Most of your camera gear is made in china, take a look at YongNuo goods. They look and have the same quality as original Canon gear.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
www.bernt-inge.com
My Gear flickr stream Twitter facebook
Bernt-Inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of November 2008 (Fri)   #54
Nathan
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberwhip View Post
You could get a sterlingtek charger for much cheaper. I didn't go that route, though... I bought an extra cg580 off of a member here
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th of January 2009 (Sun)   #55
Eagleye

I just recently purchased an RC-1 controller (eventhough I will be exchanging it for an opteka wireless remote because of compatability issues) and my packaging looks the same as your old package on the left.
Eagleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th of January 2009 (Tue)   #56
smorter
Goldmember

Yup the one on the left is the legit Canon one

The seller that sold me the fake one was UR Galaxy in Australia, but it seems like they are all out of business now..
Old 2nd of March 2009 (Mon)   #57
Jon Foster
is it safe?

Wow, lots of replies to this thread. I didn't read all of them but most... I have a real Canon RC-1 and it's been working like a champ for going on 5 years of almost constant use in all temperature ranges. It's still running on the original battery too. I'm very happy with it.

Jon.

Check out my photos @ PBase.com & ModelMayhem.com
Jon Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of September 2009 (Thu)   #58
boy53

Wow. Previously, i bought RC 1 for my 450D from ebay too and I didn't have any problem. Still using now. Maybe it will stop working soon haha.
boy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd of September 2009 (Thu)   #59
fmulder21

Whats' the problem getting them from amazon?
fmulder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th of September 2009 (Sat)   #60
kronuz0422

oh man, that sucks......anyways, sometimes even the OEM RC's do konk on its owner too, its just that if its OEM there is a warranty for the item. hopefully, the seller of ur RC would replace it. best luck.....
kronuz0422 is offline   Reply With Quote