Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th of January 2008 (Thu)   #1
ghostyroasty

Default G9 Blue Pixel...

I've noticed that sometimes in the dark, I have a blue pixel on the screen.. It isnt from the lcd, because in brighter situations and during the startup, the pixel is not there... So it doesn't do it all the time, just in the dark... Should I be worried in the future In other words should I exchange it for another G9?
ghostyroasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 10th of January 2008 (Thu)   #2
CJinAustin
User is banned from forums

Default Re: G9 Blue Pixel...

Look at pixel level in Photoshop at the pictureand if it's not there then no worries... If it is there then I would get a new one,, yes...
CJinAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of January 2008 (Thu)   #3
batchelor22
User is banned from forums

Smile Re: G9 Blue Pixel...

It is probably just a stuckpixel on the LCD screen, I have two. They change color when light but cannot go any darker than blue, thus I notice them in viewing dark scenes on the LCD. They are only on the LCD, not the sensor and do not affect the pictures at all. You just have to decide if you can live with it, I decided I could as I had an earlier G9 with the "light leak" in the LCD that bothered me more.
batchelor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member