Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 18 Jan 2008 (Friday) 10:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

BP-511 Contact Cover

PhotoDude25
126 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Jan 18, 2008 10:59 |  #1

Hi all,
I think this topic may have already been posted, but am looking for a couple of the plastic contact covers that used to come supplied with these batteries. If anyone has one or two laying around that they would be willing to part with, please shoot me a pm. Thanks

sponsored links
gkas
511 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Jan 18, 2008 13:29 |  #2

Gaffer tape works wonders for this kind of stuff. Plus, the tape is reuseable.

Gerry Kaslowski
gkas@socal.rr.com (external link)
Gerry's Pics http://MikeKazPhotogra​phy.com/Gerry/ (external link)

KirkHMB
677 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 18, 2008 15:50 |  #3

someone just posted this earlier this week

http://www.greenbatter​ies.com/303-0070605111.html (external link)

shooting club VB and club soccer, hoping to get back to landscape work soon.

Gear List

tnunnery
89 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 18, 2008 15:50 |  #4

Or a plastic Sucrets box which holds two 511s like it was made for them...

tvannunnery.com (external link)
Gear list and Flickr gallery (external link)

Todd ­ Jacobsen
704 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 18, 2008 21:48 |  #5

I thought at one time these were necessary. After 5 years, they are just added junk. Putting two batteries 180 degress together, held by a rubber band, is the most efficient and space saving method for transporting additional batteries.

Although one can hypothetically rationalize a need for battery covers, reality is, they're superfluous.

Todd Jacobsen
---------------
20D / Rebel T2

EF : 28 f1.8/ 50 f1.4/ 50 f2.5 Macro/ 85 f1.8/ 20-35 f3.5-4.5 USM
EF-L: 16-35 f2.8/ 24-70 f2.8/ 70-200 IS f2.8 / 100-400 IS f4.5 / 180 f3.5 Macro
EF-S: 10-22 f3.5-4.5 USM

ed ­ rader
"I am not the final word"
22,716 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined May 2005

Jan 18, 2008 23:33 |  #6

PhotoDude25 wrote in post #4729864 (external link)
Hi all,
I think this topic may have already been posted, but am looking for a couple of the plastic contact covers that used to come supplied with these batteries. If anyone has one or two laying around that they would be willing to part with, please shoot me a pm. Thanks

those covers are the first things i throw away. like i need more junk to keep track of :D.

ed rader

http://instagram.com/e​draderphotography/ (external link)
5D4, 80d, 16-35L III, 24-70L II, 70-200L F4 IS, 100-400L II, sigma 15mm FE, 35mm ef-s macro, 430exII, gitzo 3542, gitzo GM4562, markins Q10, markins Q3, kirk, really right stuff

Pinto
Goldmember
3,067 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 19, 2008 13:18 |  #7

Small zip-lock bags work fine.

smcclelland
Goldmember
2,686 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 20, 2008 00:22 |  #8

Battery covers?

This is going to sound like an extremely strange question but does anyone know where I might be able to source some battery covers? I just bought a bunch of Sterlingtek batteries and they unfortunately did not come with any battery covers; with them being li-ion I don't generally like to stuff them with the connectors exposed into my bad.

Cheers,

Shawn

Shawn | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link)
There used to be Canon gear here but it disappeared.

tjrenegade
494 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2006

Jan 20, 2008 07:50 as a reply to  @ smcclelland's post |  #9

Electrical tape??
Since I only have 4 batteries 2 Canon and 2 Sterlingtek I use the Canon covers when the Canon Batteries are in the grip....

70D, 24-70EF 2.8L USM, 70-300EF USM IS, 24-105 f/4L USM

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 20, 2008 08:03 as a reply to  @ smcclelland's post |  #10

See also this thread, which was last posted to 5 days ago (and shows up at the bottom of this thread in the "similar threads" area). Not as unusual a question as you think, especially with the new TSA rules for carrying spare batteries.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 20, 2008 08:11 |  #11

Todd Jacobsen wrote in post #4733446 (external link)
I thought at one time these were necessary. After 5 years, they are just added junk. Putting two batteries 180 degress together, held by a rubber band, is the most efficient and space saving method for transporting additional batteries.

Although one can hypothetically rationalize a need for battery covers, reality is, they're superfluous.

ed rader wrote in post #4734022 (external link)
those covers are the first things i throw away. like i need more junk to keep track of :D.

ed rader

TSA now wants battery terminals covered on any spare lithium rechargeables you fly with, so whether superfluous or not, a need exists.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

PhotoDude25
THREAD ­ STARTER
126 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Jan 20, 2008 10:08 |  #12

Ed and the rest of the posters on this topic,
Hey, the next time you get these covers on your batteries, shoot me a pm and I'll gladly take them off your hands. I'd be glad to pay the shipping cost to get a couple of them. Green Batteries has them for $1.77 a piece but their shipping cost for this item is outrageous, imho. A group of four w/shipping runs almost $15. I'll bet someone on this site has a couple of these laying around in their camera bags. Thanks

PhotoDude25
THREAD ­ STARTER
126 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Jan 21, 2008 16:14 |  #13

Alright, I just found a cover online with another battery attached to it, so, problem solved. But, if anyone still has them and just pitches them, let me know and I'll gladly take them off your hands.

sponsored links

2,082 views & 0 likes for this thread
BP-511 Contact Cover
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.