FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 23 Jan 2008 (Wednesday) 08:48   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Mayer
Hatchling
Joined Jan 2008
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

I have recently installed the latest EOS software to my powerbook g4. I want to capture pictures directly from my laptop , so EOS Capture seemed like the right program. after opening DPP first, then connecting my camera, then selecting EOS Utility in the tools menu of DPP, EOS Capture does launch, but all of the menus are grey ( no functions work) In fact, even the quit EOS Capture doesn't respond. DPP doesn't want to recognize my REBEL, although, other programs like Image browser do. What can I do???

My camera is set to PTP in the communication menu, and I tried switching the order of when I connect my camera.

I am trying to do some stop-motion, so I really need to figure out how to have tethered control.

PLease help!!!

Post #1, Jan 23, 2008 08:48:25

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
elwood58
Joined Dec 2004
319 posts
RSM California
[MORE/SHARE]

I would uninstall and reinstall the software. It is important that the software be installed without the camera plugged into the USB cable. After install is complete, the camera can be plugged in.

What version of EOS Capture?

Post #2, Jan 23, 2008 11:05:38

50D and a bunch of lensesexternal link

Dermit
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2005
1,732 posts
Chandler, Arizona
[MORE/SHARE]

It also will not come up until after you fire off a shot after you have plugged in. Once you fire a shot it should come up automatically.

Post #3, Jan 23, 2008 11:23:02

5D, 5DmkII, 15mm, 16-35 f/2.8 II L, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 85 f/1.8, 580EX II, 580EX, 550EX, PW X 5, WL X1600 x 3
http://www.pixelcraftp​hoto.comexternal link

andylepki
Joined Apr 2003
46 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with my Rebel XT.
EOS capture still works for me using my old XP laptop, but on my Vista, when I go to Remote Shooting, it says 'Failed to Initialize application'.

I can't seem to find any Firmware patch for any Vista issues with this device, and I've tried setting Camera Window preferences to 'Run as administrator' as I've seen that work on some of my other applications.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,
Andy

Post #4, Feb 20, 2008 19:26:28

mysticalcracker
Joined Sep 2007
64 posts
Charleston, SC
[MORE/SHARE]

I am having the exact same problem.

Post #5, Aug 19, 2009 11:49:09

20D Gripped, XT, Canon 17-40 f4 L, Canon 70-200mm f4 L, Canon 50mm 1.4, Canon 50mm 1.8 II, Sigma 50-500mm EX, Sigma 1.4x APO, Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 EX, Canon 580 EX II, Sigma 500 DG-ST.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
2,007 views & 0 likes for this thread
HELP! EOS Capture not responding w/ REBEL XT
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES