Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd of January 2008 (Wed)   #1
Mayer

Default HELP! EOS Capture not responding w/ REBEL XT

I have recently installed the latest EOS software to my powerbook g4. I want to capture pictures directly from my laptop , so EOS Capture seemed like the right program. after opening DPP first, then connecting my camera, then selecting EOS Utility in the tools menu of DPP, EOS Capture does launch, but all of the menus are grey ( no functions work) In fact, even the quit EOS Capture doesn't respond. DPP doesn't want to recognize my REBEL, although, other programs like Image browser do. What can I do

My camera is set to PTP in the communication menu, and I tried switching the order of when I connect my camera.

I am trying to do some stop-motion, so I really need to figure out how to have tethered control.

PLease help!!!
Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 23rd of January 2008 (Wed)   #2
elwood58

Default Re: HELP! EOS Capture not responding w/ REBEL XT

I would uninstall and reinstall the software. It is important that the software be installed without the camera plugged into the USB cable. After install is complete, the camera can be plugged in.

What version of EOS Capture?
Old 23rd of January 2008 (Wed)   #3
Dermit

It also will not come up until after you fire off a shot after you have plugged in. Once you fire a shot it should come up automatically.

http://www.pixelcraftphoto.com
Dermit is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 20th of February 2008 (Wed)   #4
andylepki

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with my Rebel XT.
EOS capture still works for me using my old XP laptop, but on my Vista, when I go to Remote Shooting, it says 'Failed to Initialize application'.

I can't seem to find any Firmware patch for any Vista issues with this device, and I've tried setting Camera Window preferences to 'Run as administrator' as I've seen that work on some of my other applications.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,
Andy
andylepki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of August 2009 (Wed)   #5
mysticalcracker

I am having the exact same problem.