Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 11 Feb 2008 (Monday) 17:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bernard Zee's Airshow Shots

arrgeebee
835 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 11, 2008 17:31 |  #1

Sorry I brought it up. Link removed...

Bob
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=469159
My Gallery (external link) - My Gear

sponsored links
RadAL
Cream of the Crop
9,633 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 11, 2008 18:14 |  #2

he needs to learn how to use TV mode.

Equipment: Canon PowerShot A650IS (semi retired) and Canon Powershot G10 (primary) and Rebel XT 350D w/18-55mm kit lens and Quanterey 18-200mm-- www.youtube.com/alexan​der1485 (external link) (has links to some of my pictures on the main page)

olly_k
641 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 11, 2008 18:55 |  #3

yeah I'm no expert but I have seen far superior shots on this site. Some of the shots are certainly interesting though!

: 350D : Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 DC MACRO : Sigma 55-200 F4-5.6 DC : Sigma 70 -300 F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO : Kit 18-55 : Photax 300 f5.6 M42 (external link):
~ click for my 'scrapbook' (external link) ~ MY FLICKR (external link) ~

arrgeebee
THREAD ­ STARTER
835 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 11, 2008 19:00 as a reply to  @ olly_k's post |  #4

I just thought that jet flying under the bridge and just over the boats was pretty neat.

Bob
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=469159
My Gallery (external link) - My Gear

olly_k
641 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 11, 2008 19:13 |  #5

arrgeebee wrote in post #4899232 (external link)
I just thought that jet flying under the bridge and just over the boats was pretty neat.

No you are right, just don't think the shots are that great from a technical point of view. e.g. it is desirable to see motion blur with props / rotors etc but everything is frozen in this example.
Super example for me are some of the shots taken in Cumbria & Wales (UK) on these forums I will try to find if I get the time tomorrow...
As above he needs to learn how to best apply Tv mode for aircraft with props I guess but anyway there are far better qualified people to comment than me!

: 350D : Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 DC MACRO : Sigma 55-200 F4-5.6 DC : Sigma 70 -300 F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO : Kit 18-55 : Photax 300 f5.6 M42 (external link):
~ click for my 'scrapbook' (external link) ~ MY FLICKR (external link) ~

RCoulter
Goldmember
1,703 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 11, 2008 19:38 |  #6

arrgeebee wrote in post #4899232 (external link)

IIRC, the solo doesn't go under the bridge, and they have the area clear of boats so he isn't actually flying over anybody.

Some cool shots still though :)

Airliners.net (external link) / JetPhotos.net (external link)
Canon EOS 1D MKII N/40D/20D/7D | 100-400L |
Canon 24-70 F2.8 L| 28-135 IS | Sigma 70-200 F2.8 APO DG |Sigma 50-500 APO RF

FatAlbert
805 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 11, 2008 20:48 |  #7

arrgeebee wrote in post #4898728 (external link)
Not sure if this was posted previously, I searched for his name with no hits. These shots are amazing:

http://home.comcast.ne​t/~bzee1a/ (external link)

So you're drawing attention to someone else's shots? As has been said, some are interesting, but...... much better have already been posted on here in several other threads.

FatAlbert

sponsored links

3,236 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bernard Zee's Airshow Shots
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.