Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
Thread started 15 Feb 2008 (Friday) 11:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Gigapixel repro

julian ­ kalmar
70 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 15, 2008 11:45 |  #1

Hallo, I just uploaded a new Gigapixel image of St. Peterschurch.
I made a very similar picture before but nevertheless they are very different. If you are interested in some technical details you are invited to read the Making Of
http://photoartkalmar.​com …/Fresko-Peterskirche.html (external link)
Here is the thumb for those having less time

IMAGE: http://photoartkalmar.com/ZOOMIFY/THUMBS/Peterskirche%20Fresko.jpg

http://photoartkalmar.​com (external link)

and.duncan
267 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 15, 2008 18:10 |  #2

wow.

I read the 'making of' but I'm a little confused. This would be done with lots of exposures sown together?

You mentioned it had to be taken at f/14 but that there are still parts out of focus. Are you unable to refocus between shots to ensure that each shot is in focus? That said, it all looked in focus to me anyway.

Gotta love being able to zoom in on the cracks near the ring surrounding the bird in the middle :)

POINT ANDy SHOOT (external link)

julian ­ kalmar
THREAD ­ STARTER
70 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 16, 2008 07:48 |  #3

and.duncan wrote in post #4925960 (external link)
wow.

I read the 'making of' but I'm a little confused. This would be done with lots of exposures sown together?

You mentioned it had to be taken at f/14 but that there are still parts out of focus. Are you unable to refocus between shots to ensure that each shot is in focus? That said, it all looked in focus to me anyway.

Gotta love being able to zoom in on the cracks near the ring surrounding the bird in the middle :)

Fore each image I took one image with the focusing point at the bottom third and one image with the focusing point at the top third and then I combined the two images.
With 300mm the depth of field is simply not enough to get the comletey image in focus no matter where you set the focusing point.

Amfamora
692 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 16, 2008 17:33 |  #4

How long did it take you to complete the photos? Hour many hour shoot?

7D Gripped - 15-85mm IS - 70-200mm f4 L IS - Sigma 30mm f1.4 - Wigma 10-20mm - YN465 & YN560 Speedlites x2 - BX500Ri

My Gallery (external link)

julian ­ kalmar
THREAD ­ STARTER
70 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 17, 2008 08:35 |  #5

Amfamora wrote in post #4931163 (external link)
How long did it take you to complete the photos? Hour many hour shoot?

4 hours for taking all pictures (~500)
2 1/2 weeks for the complete picture

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,289 views & 0 likes for this thread
Gigapixel repro
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.