Making "full screen" the default view in Photoshop?

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 22 Feb 2008 (Friday) 11:05   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Propi
Joined Sep 2007
95 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Is there a way to avoid pressing the F button after loading each picture? I want the "full screen" option as my default workspace view, without the need of the F button. Is that possible?

Post #1, Feb 22, 2008 11:05:54

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
Joined Apr 2003
10,884 posts
southern Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

You cannot actually go to the full screen mode unless you have an image loaded so I don't think that this would be possible. I tried saving a new workspace when I was at full screen, quit CS3 and restarted it. Even if I tried changing to this new workspace without an image loaded it stayed at the standard view.

I haven't been able to find a way to do this, maybe someone else can. Hitting the F key for now seems to be the option.

Post #2, Feb 22, 2008 11:25:32

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Galleryexternal link | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

Damo77
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2007
4,116 posts
Brisbane, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

CS3 on my Mac at work remembers which mode I was last in. I've never found a way to do it on a PC, though.

(Dammit, I HATE admitting that a Mac can do something that a PC can't!!!)

Post #3, Feb 22, 2008 14:49:17

Damien
Websiteexternal link | Blogexternal link | Groupexternal link

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
Joined Nov 2007
5,545 posts
Racine, WI
[MORE/SHARE]

You didn't say which version of Photoshop you're using but in CS3 you have the option of making either Standard Screen Mode (Windowed View) or Maximized Screen Mode (full screen view) your default. If I remember correctly, earlier versions of Photoshop only had threen screen modes and the fourth was added in CS3.

You set it by clicking the Change Screen Mode button on the tool bar (its the last button at the bottom) or pressing the F key. There's a little arrow on the tool that open a flyout menu from which you can select either screen mode; it then becomes "sticky" so Photoshop remembers when you reopen it.

Oddly enough the other two screen mode options, "Full Screen Mode with Menu bar" and "Full Screen Mode" are not sticky. If you select either of those and then close Photoshop, the next time you open it will start up in Maximized Screen mode.

Propi wrote in post #4971719external link
Is there a way to avoid pressing the F button after loading each picture? I want the "full screen" option as my default workspace view, without the need of the F button. Is that possible?

Post #4, Feb 22, 2008 15:08:36

Gear List

LIST NEARBY THREADS
7,730 views & 0 likes for this thread
Making "full screen" the default view in Photoshop?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES