Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd of February 2008 (Fri)   #1
Propi

Default Making "full screen" the default view in Photoshop?

Is there a way to avoid pressing the F button after loading each picture? I want the "full screen" option as my default workspace view, without the need of the F button. Is that possible?
Propi is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of February 2008 (Fri)   #2
ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005

Default Re: Making "full screen" the default view in Photoshop?

You cannot actually go to the full screen mode unless you have an image loaded so I don't think that this would be possible. I tried saving a new workspace when I was at full screen, quit CS3 and restarted it. Even if I tried changing to this new workspace without an image loaded it stayed at the standard view.

I haven't been able to find a way to do this, maybe someone else can. Hitting the F key for now seems to be the option.

Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery | My Gear updated: 20JUL12
ssim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd of February 2008 (Fri)   #3
Damo77
Goldmember

CS3 on my Mac at work remembers which mode I was last in. I've never found a way to do it on a PC, though.

(Dammit, I HATE admitting that a Mac can do something that a PC can't!!!)
, and my blog: The Info Palette
Damo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 22nd of February 2008 (Fri)   #4
PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop

You didn't say which version of Photoshop you're using but in CS3 you have the option of making either Standard Screen Mode (Windowed View) or Maximized Screen Mode (full screen view) your default. If I remember correctly, earlier versions of Photoshop only had threen screen modes and the fourth was added in CS3.

You set it by clicking the Change Screen Mode button on the tool bar (its the last button at the bottom) or pressing the F key. There's a little arrow on the tool that open a flyout menu from which you can select either screen mode; it then becomes "sticky" so Photoshop remembers when you reopen it.

Oddly enough the other two screen mode options, "Full Screen Mode with Menu bar" and "Full Screen Mode" are not sticky. If you select either of those and then close Photoshop, the next time you open it will start up in Maximized Screen mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propi View Post
Is there a way to avoid pressing the F button after loading each picture? I want the "full screen" option as my default workspace view, without the need of the F button. Is that possible?
PixelMagic is offline   Reply With Quote