Thread started 04 Sep 2002 (Wednesday) 12:11   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Eero
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2002
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi
I wonder if anyone could help me with this. I just updated a new graphics card and W2000 SP3. After those updates the Event on device dialog that pops up when I turn the camera ton PC mode and shows the registered applications has been empty.

Another problem was that when I opened ZoomBrowser, I got notice saying it's not possible to have several DB's open.

I've removed ZoomBrowser and updated version 3.2 and 3.3 patch. Also updated TWAIN driver.

The Event on device list remains empty of Registered applications.

I'm suspecting Windows registry problem.
When I look at Scanners and Cameras properties from Control Panel Canon G2 is shown.

Someone was asking ho to add Registered applications, but there was no answers.

BR, Eero

Post #1, Sep 04, 2002 12:11:03

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
DanielM
Joined Sep 2002
22 posts
Burnaby, BC
[MORE/SHARE]

Hello,

I also had this problem with connecting my S30 to a Win2K SP3 OS.

What I did to resolve it:

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Scanners and Cameras -> (Highlight the Camera) Properties -> Events tab -> deselect Imaging as a registered application -> Apply.

Next time I plugged in the camera, it skipped the Event on Device dialogue and automatically went to the Zoombrowser application.

Post #2, Sep 12, 2002 12:05:24

saludamc
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2002
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

I have the same exact problem with Windows 2K - SP3 -
I have also done a clean install with W2k - SP2 and the Canon Registered events show up fine.

As soon as I install SP3 - I get no registered applications in the event box. Anyone have any ideas?

Post #3, Sep 16, 2002 07:11:43

AndrewS
Hatchling
Joined Jan 2003
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

I guess you've probably solved your problem by now but I've only just fallen foul of it having installed W2k SP3!

The previous respondent suggested just deselecting Imaging form the Control Panel. I tried that and it didn't make any difference.

However, since that box had half a dozen entries in it beside Imaging and ZoomBrowser, I deselected ALL of them - except ZoomBrowser - and that did the trick.

Post #4, Jan 29, 2003 12:41:44

Metzie
Hatchling
Joined Apr 2003
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hi

I just purchased a G3. Guess what, same thing happened to me to. The Controlpanel fix, IE removing everything except Zoombrowser did the trick.

Regards, Tom

Post #5, Apr 13, 2003 15:36:01

sponsored links
nucki
Joined Apr 2003
358 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Just a question!

do you really need zoombrowser? I was using this program too, but after a few problems I just bought myself a card reader, and do it that way. Much faster much better! I think this program was just developed to had a software in the package of the camera! There are a lot of quite better programs to store pictures than zoombrowser i guess!

regards
Peter

Post #6, Apr 15, 2003 23:58:19

Nelsito
Mostly Lurking
Joined Apr 2003
11 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Although this is unrelated to the main topic, I must say that one thing I like about ZoomBrowser is the ability to provide information about the camera settings recorded with each shot.

Post #7, Apr 16, 2003 08:45:59

USBHelper
Hatchling
Joined Apr 2003
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

The SP3 problem regarding USB scanner registered applications. Replace winnt\system32\stisvc.​exe (don't forget windows file protection - winnt\system32\dllcach​e) with the version from SP2 (or from the CD). Restart the Still image service. As far as I can tell the new stisvc.exe does not enumerate the HKLM\Software\Microsof​t\Windows\CurrentVersi​on\StillImage\Register​ed Applications Key properly.

FYI: I used http://www.beyondlogic​.org ...ocessutil/processut​il.htmexternal link to kill the running stisvc.exe task (I think you can just stop the Still image service), and I also used WinRAR to extract stisvc.exe out of the STISVC.EX_ file from my Windows 2000 Pro CD.

Post #8, Apr 26, 2003 03:30:23

jhill8@flash.net
Hatchling
Joined May 2003
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

This Worked! thanks to USBhelper. NO help from microsofts kb!, or anywhere else in Google.
N.B. After taking suggestions below, you may have to start/stop the still image service if you change things in the scanners and cameras applet in the control panel.

USBHelper wrote:
The SP3 problem regarding USB scanner registered applications. Replace winnt\system32\stisvc.​exe (don't forget windows file protection - winnt\system32\dllcach​e) with the version from SP2 (or from the CD). Restart the Still image service. As far as I can tell the new stisvc.exe does not enumerate the HKLM\Software\Microsof​t\Windows\CurrentVersi​on\StillImage\Register​ed Applications Key properly.

FYI: I used http://www.beyondlogic​.org ...ocessutil/processut​il.htmexternal link to kill the running stisvc.exe task (I think you can just stop the Still image service), and I also used WinRAR to extract stisvc.exe out of the STISVC.EX_ file from my Windows 2000 Pro CD.

Post #9, May 04, 2003 13:16:50

Brett ­ Christensen
Hatchling
Joined May 2003
1 post
[MORE/SHARE]

The solution to the "Registered Applications" issue is really simple. Chances are that you actually have more than one entry for the device. Go to control panel and locate "Scanners and Cameras," select the device in question and open the properties for that item. Now go to the "Events" tab and select ONE destination for that device. Viola it will work properly!

Post #10, May 16, 2003 14:29:23

jhill8@flash.net
Hatchling
Joined May 2003
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Sorry, brett. Not that simple. did not work for me. usbhelpers suggestion did though

Post #11, May 20, 2003 20:51:31

sponsored links
mattsnow75
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2003
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

The other part of this problem is that the camera does not show up as a new drive in the explore window.

Does the solution described here fix that problem too?

Post #12, Jun 11, 2003 22:38:16

dekadem
Mostly Lurking
Joined Nov 2002
14 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

mattsnow75 wrote:

The other part of this problem is that the camera does not show up as a new drive in the explore window.

Does the solution described here fix that problem too?

No, G2 has never showed up as a removable drive and it wont. That's a feature of newer camera models and USB card readers.

Post #13, Jun 12, 2003 05:13:10

mattsnow75
Hatchling
Joined Jun 2003
2 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I see - you have to be using either ME or XP in order to use explorer - I'm running 2k.

Post #14, Jun 12, 2003 17:38:17

bobthib
Joined May 2003
20 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Nelsito wrote:
Although this is unrelated to the main topic, I must say that one thing I like about ZoomBrowser is the ability to provide information about the camera settings recorded with each shot.

FYI - if you use Win XP this information is avialable by right clicking on the pic, choose Properties, Summary tab, Advanced. You can also add your own information and comments.

I took ZoomBrowser off (saved 120 meg) since XP does most all that stuff built in.

Post #15, Jun 12, 2003 20:47:07

LIST NEARBY THREADS
11,448 views & 0 likes for this thread
Event on device: No registered applications
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES