Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th of September 2002 (Wed)   #1
Eero

Default Event on device: No registered applications

Hi
I wonder if anyone could help me with this. I just updated a new graphics card and W2000 SP3. After those updates the Event on device dialog that pops up when I turn the camera ton PC mode and shows the registered applications has been empty.

Another problem was that when I opened ZoomBrowser, I got notice saying it's not possible to have several DB's open.

I've removed ZoomBrowser and updated version 3.2 and 3.3 patch. Also updated TWAIN driver.

The Event on device list remains empty of Registered applications.

I'm suspecting Windows registry problem.
When I look at Scanners and Cameras properties from Control Panel Canon G2 is shown.

Someone was asking ho to add Registered applications, but there was no answers.

BR, Eero
Eero is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 12th of September 2002 (Thu)   #2
DanielM

Default Re: Event on device: No registered applications

Hello,

I also had this problem with connecting my S30 to a Win2K SP3 OS.

What I did to resolve it:

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Scanners and Cameras -> (Highlight the Camera) Properties -> Events tab -> deselect Imaging as a registered application -> Apply.

Next time I plugged in the camera, it skipped the Event on Device dialogue and automatically went to the Zoombrowser application.
DanielM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of September 2002 (Mon)   #3
saludamc

I have the same exact problem with Windows 2K - SP3 -
I have also done a clean install with W2k - SP2 and the Canon Registered events show up fine.

As soon as I install SP3 - I get no registered applications in the event box. Anyone have any ideas?
saludamc is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of January 2003 (Wed)   #4
AndrewS

I guess you've probably solved your problem by now but I've only just fallen foul of it having installed W2k SP3!

The previous respondent suggested just deselecting Imaging form the Control Panel. I tried that and it didn't make any difference.

However, since that box had half a dozen entries in it beside Imaging and ZoomBrowser, I deselected ALL of them - except ZoomBrowser - and that did the trick.
AndrewS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of April 2003 (Sun)   #5
Metzie

Hi

I just purchased a G3. Guess what, same thing happened to me to. The Controlpanel fix, IE removing everything except Zoombrowser did the trick.

Regards, Tom
Metzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th of April 2003 (Tue)   #6
nucki

Just a question!

do you really need zoombrowser? I was using this program too, but after a few problems I just bought myself a card reader, and do it that way. Much faster much better! I think this program was just developed to had a software in the package of the camera! There are a lot of quite better programs to store pictures than zoombrowser i guess!

regards
Peter
nucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of April 2003 (Wed)   #7
Nelsito

Although this is unrelated to the main topic, I must say that one thing I like about ZoomBrowser is the ability to provide information about the camera settings recorded with each shot.
Nelsito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th of April 2003 (Sat)   #8
USBHelper

The SP3 problem regarding USB scanner registered applications. Replace winnt\system32\stisvc.exe (don't forget windows file protection - winnt\system32\dllcache) with the version from SP2 (or from the CD). Restart the Still image service. As far as I can tell the new stisvc.exe does not enumerate the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sti llImage\Registered Applications Key properly.

FYI: I used http://www.beyondlogic.org/consultin...rocessutil.htm to kill the running stisvc.exe task (I think you can just stop the Still image service), and I also used WinRAR to extract stisvc.exe out of the STISVC.EX_ file from my Windows 2000 Pro CD.
USBHelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of May 2003 (Sun)   #9
jhill8@flash.net

Default Re: Re: Event on device: No registered applications

This Worked! thanks to USBhelper. NO help from microsofts kb!, or anywhere else in Google.
N.B. After taking suggestions below, you may have to start/stop the still image service if you change things in the scanners and cameras applet in the control panel.

Quote:
USBHelper wrote:
The SP3 problem regarding USB scanner registered applications. Replace winnt\system32\stisvc.exe (don't forget windows file protection - winnt\system32\dllcache) with the version from SP2 (or from the CD). Restart the Still image service. As far as I can tell the new stisvc.exe does not enumerate the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sti llImage\Registered Applications Key properly.

FYI: I used http://www.beyondlogic.org/consultin...rocessutil.htm to kill the running stisvc.exe task (I think you can just stop the Still image service), and I also used WinRAR to extract stisvc.exe out of the STISVC.EX_ file from my Windows 2000 Pro CD.
jhill8@flash.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of May 2003 (Fri)   #10
Brett Christensen

The solution to the "Registered Applications" issue is really simple. Chances are that you actually have more than one entry for the device. Go to control panel and locate "Scanners and Cameras," select the device in question and open the properties for that item. Now go to the "Events" tab and select ONE destination for that device. Viola it will work properly!
Brett Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th of May 2003 (Tue)   #11
jhill8@flash.net

Sorry, brett. Not that simple. did not work for me. usbhelpers suggestion did though
jhill8@flash.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of June 2003 (Wed)   #12
mattsnow75

The other part of this problem is that the camera does not show up as a new drive in the explore window.

Does the solution described here fix that problem too?
mattsnow75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of June 2003 (Thu)   #13
dekadem

Quote:
mattsnow75 wrote:

The other part of this problem is that the camera does not show up as a new drive in the explore window.

Does the solution described here fix that problem too?
No, G2 has never showed up as a removable drive and it wont. That's a feature of newer camera models and USB card readers.
dekadem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of June 2003 (Thu)   #14
mattsnow75

I see - you have to be using either ME or XP in order to use explorer - I'm running 2k.
mattsnow75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of June 2003 (Thu)   #15
bobthib

Quote:
Nelsito wrote:
Although this is unrelated to the main topic, I must say that one thing I like about ZoomBrowser is the ability to provide information about the camera settings recorded with each shot.
FYI - if you use Win XP this information is avialable by right clicking on the pic, choose Properties, Summary tab, Advanced. You can also add your own information and comments.

I took ZoomBrowser off (saved 120 meg) since XP does most all that stuff built in.
bobthib is offline   Reply With Quote