Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Marketplace' section > Classifieds: Services Needed
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th of March 2008 (Wed)   #1
DStanic
Cream of the Crop

Default Lens rental in Canada (ontario) ?

I'm thinking of renting some decent glass for a wedding upcoming this summer. The only place I know of is Henrys and they are expensive plus only have location in Toronto (3hrs from me). Any lens rental services that will ship? I live near London ontario if there is anything local for pickup.

Basically I would like to get a standard zoom lens such as a 17-55/24-70 and/or telephoto of some sort (ie 70-200) with f/2.8 so I can get good low light pictures.
DStanic is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 19th of March 2008 (Wed)   #2
Sageg

Default Re: Lens rental in Canada (ontario) ?

http://www.lenslenders.com/index.php

Eyes, hands, brains, legs
Sageg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of March 2008 (Wed)   #3
DStanic
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageg View Post

Thanks for the link. Too bad their only standard zoom is the 24-105 f/4L .. I'd like something with f/2.8 for low light.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 21st of March 2008 (Fri)   #4
Glenn Abuja

Try Vistek in Toronto
Glenn Abuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st of March 2008 (Mon)   #5
sebmour

headshots rentals in Toronto or Ottawa.

5DIII, 5DII X2, 15mm f2.8, 24L,35L, 50 1.4, 85LII, 135L, 200LIS, 2X430EXII, 4X580EXII
sebmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of March 2010 (Sat)   #6
CousinMadness

Location: London, Ontario. Canada. Formerly Ayrshire Scotland.

We are new and based in London Ontario, Canada. We ship as far as it is economical for you.

If you are reasonably local you are welcome to come and pick-up. 3 day Fri Sat Sun, weekly or what have you.

We have the big stuff, EF500 f4.0L IS, EF400 f2.8L IS & EF300 f2.8L IS.

canadalensrentals.ca

Cousin.

Camera gear: About $65,000 worth LOL.
We'd love to see you on Facebook.
First SLR Zenith B, 12th Birthday 1972. Martin.
CousinMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of March 2010 (Sat)   #7
DStanic
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMadness View Post
We are new and based in London Ontario, Canada. We ship as far as it is economical for you.

If you are reasonably local you are welcome to come and pick-up. 3 day Fri Sat Sun, weekly or what have you.

We have the big stuff, EF500 f4.0L IS, EF400 f2.8L IS & EF300 f2.8L IS.

canadalensrentals.ca

Cousin.

Cool! Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever find a need for the big lenses. Have you considered the needs of wedding photographers? 70-200 f/2.8 IS, 24-70L, 17-55IS, 85 f/1.8 or f/1.2, etc... I think you should add a 70-200 f/2.8 IS to your inventory, that is one I would definitely consider.
Old 28th of March 2010 (Sun)   #8
CousinMadness

Location: London, Ontario. Canada. Formerly Ayrshire Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStanic View Post
Cool! Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever find a need for the big lenses. Have you considered the needs of wedding photographers? 70-200 f/2.8 IS, 24-70L, 17-55IS, 85 f/1.8 or f/1.2, etc... I think you should add a 70-200 f/2.8 IS to your inventory, that is one I would definitely consider.
Hi Dave,

The new EF70-200 f2.8L IS II is certainly in my sights although it is near impossible to acquire right now. Worldwide shortage. The EF24-105mm f4.0 appears to be a stable diet for rental houses. I've really started at the deep end with expensive glass, this methodology has served me well in business over the years. Get the stuff that few people have rather than the easy stuff. I've had people contact me already with raised eyebrows asking if I really had such expensive glass available in Canada. Yes I do.

Keep in touch Dave. You are just down the road in St Thomas. Perhaps we might meet at the Airshow this year and if I have any of the huge stuff available to play with i'll bring it along.

Thanks for popping in.

Martin.

Camera gear: About $65,000 worth LOL.
We'd love to see you on Facebook.
First SLR Zenith B, 12th Birthday 1972. Martin.
CousinMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st of April 2010 (Thu)   #9
vmaidens@gmail.com

Finally! I may be renting that 500 soon. Nice prices too.
vmaidens@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of May 2010 (Tue)   #10
blackestflag

I have used this service once and it was fantastic. Zasheen is a great guy to do business with. Canada Post messed up shipping, I still had the lens in time for the shoot, but he let me keep it like 4 or 5 days extra for the trouble !!
http://rentalens.ca

Will be trying out Craig's company soon. He seems ok and his prices are cheaper than rentalens above. the best selection of the 3 companies listed here. AND they offer the 70-200mm 2.8L MK II. Although I am sure it will be booked solid for quite a while
http://www.lensrentalscanada.com/

Was thinking of trying http://www.canadalensrentals.ca but they just don't have enough selection for me, although the prices are comparable.

Hope that information helps some
Chris
blackestflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of May 2010 (Tue)   #11
SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackestflag View Post

Will be trying out Craig's company soon. He seems ok and his prices are cheaper than rentalens above. the best selection of the 3 companies listed here. AND they offer the 70-200mm 2.8L MK II. Although I am sure it will be booked solid for quite a while
http://www.lensrentalscanada.com/
Just returned a lens I rented from them
Everything was great!

SMP_Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of May 2010 (Sun)   #12
Lens Lenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageg View Post
Thank you for the mention. We were the first online lens rental company in Canada, pioneering the way and showing others how it can be done.

We're proud to have been the first, to have taken the risks and to have started Canada's first online lens rental service. We continue to grow and if our regular returning customers are a positive sign, we believe that we're running the kind of online lens rental company that Canadian photographers want.
Old 12th of June 2010 (Sat)   #13
BucketHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStanic View Post
Hey DStanic,
We have so many choices now and pretty well anything you need can be rented from a number of suppliers. I can give a plug to http://www.canadalensrentals.ca/ as I am on the tail end of a rental that has been both exciting and rewarding. Not only has the company exceeded my expectations in both shipping, service and price but the images from this piece of glass just blow me away. I believe you are both in London Ontario?....would seem a pretty economical way to rent some great lenses. The lens has been used for a contract with one of my clients but I have also used it at the last three weddings, shot numerous engagement sessions, a family session and a recent airshow at CFB Borden. The 400mm 2.8 is a mammoth lens that is tack sharp but gives a look and bokeh that just can't be achieved any other way. Of course I have most of the Canon primes but this lens allowed me to capture wedding images that I otherwise couldn't do. Not only that i looked pretty dam good walkin' around with a expensive piece of glass I wanted to shoot outside the box...just not fork out $10,000 to do it
Canada Lens Rentals get two thumbs up!

PS: if interested my blog has quite a lot of images shot with the rented 400mm 2.8 over the last 4 or 5 posts including the recent trip to CFB Borden.
www.ridoutphoto.com

Wow I just realized this was my first post!! but I have been a member for three years....sorry I have been in a Coma

Last edited by BucketHead : 12th of June 2010 (Sat) at 22:38. Reason: Realized this was my first post!!
BucketHead is offline   Reply With Quote