Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd of March 2008 (Sun)   #1
Crissy7682

Default QUICK How to set G9 to RAW

I couldn't find it in my book, and I know I should have checked before today but I have been super busy with no time to practice.

I also checked the camera and couldn't find it. I am sure I am just in too big of a hurry and over looked it but if someone could help me out, that would be great!

Also, I am shooting the 1st Communion today (thanks for the suggestions from my other topic) and I am going to try RAW and the ISO speeds recommended but any suggestions as to which aperture/shutter speed to start at?
Old 23rd of March 2008 (Sun)   #2
Elsley

Default Re: QUICK How to set G9 to RAW

It's one of the options of the 'func set' button - it's one of the things you can set on the file size options. You have to scroll on past M1 M2 M3 S and W to reach RAW.
As for settings, I would go for the slowest shutter speed you are confident you can hand hold on the Tv setting and put the ISO on auto.

Last edited by Elsley : 23rd of March 2008 (Sun) at 09:49.
Elsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd of March 2008 (Sun)   #3
Crissy7682

thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd of March 2008 (Sun)   #4
bsmotril
Goldmember

NOTE, if you have digital zoom enabled, you won't be able to select RAW mode.
bsmotril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of March 2008 (Thu)   #5
milenko11

I just got my G9 yesterday and what I discovered is that RAW doesn't show up in full auto mode.
milenko11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of March 2008 (Thu)   #6
bsmotril
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenko11 View Post
I just got my G9 yesterday and what I discovered is that RAW doesn't show up in full auto mode.
Yup, same is true with all the Canon DSLRs too. You only get RAW in the "Creative Modes"
bsmotril is offline   Reply With Quote