Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th of April 2008 (Tue)   #1
sponserv

Unhappy Attaching emails as files to email rather than embedded

I am running MacBook Pro with Iphoto 08 and Leopard. This is really dumb but I cannot figure out how to email an image file as an attachment. Every time I try it comes up embedded in the email.

I know I should be asking this on an Apple support site but I thought I would come straight to the experts. Any thoughts?
sponserv is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of April 2008 (Tue)   #2
xarqi
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: Attaching emails as files to email rather than embedded

I presume you are using the Mail application; if not, this may not apply.

I think you may be misinterpreting what you are seeing. Mail displays attachments as part of the message if it can understand them, as with PDFs or common image formats. It may look like it is embedded, but it is attached. This can be confusing if you attach an image to an email as Mail will display it wherever the insertion point (= cursor) was in the message at the time it was attached, however, it is still an attachment, and I suspect that even recipients using Mail will see it appended, but I have not verified this.

Actually, short of including some html with a link in your email, I don't know how you would embed an image.

Any help?
xarqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th of April 2008 (Tue)   #3
BigBlueDodge
Goldmember

So the Mac experts are on the Digital Camera forum? This should be posted in General Chat forum as it's not related to camera's at all
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of April 2008 (Tue)   #4
xarqi
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueDodge View Post
So the Mac experts are on the Digital Camera forum?
Probably not all of them, but I'll bet there are some. Until one comes along, the OP will have to settle for me.
Quote:
This should be posted in General Chat forum as it's not related to camera's at all
True; did you report its misplacement?
P.S. If not, no matter - I just did.
xarqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of April 2008 (Wed)   #5
Roy P

I run 10.3 and like xarqi says in Mail application it does look embedded on your machine but when recieved by my PC owning friends it does indeed appear as an attachment on their machine.

Hope this helps.