Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th of April 2008 (Fri)   #1
vantsi

Default Company needs a photo bank

I've been contacted by a pretty large company. They need a lot of photos for their photo bank and are ready to send me across the world.
I have no idea how much should I charge and if I should charge per pic or per day or how. I really need some true professional help here.
This companys turnover was $51 million in 2007.
vantsi is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of April 2008 (Fri)   #2
ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005

Default Re: Company needs a photo bank

If this is as big as you allude this to be you should be soliciting professional help rather than trying to take the word of people that you don't know. Once you start to work "around the world" there are many more hidden costs that you need to calculate in. You are pretty thin on details and how is anyone supposed to give advice on something this large when you provide a couple of sentences worth of backup information. If it really is this big you need lawyers and accountants to help you not people that mostly work in anonymity on a forum board.

Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery | My Gear updated: 20JUL12
ssim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of April 2008 (Sat)   #3
BradM

Default Re: Company needs a photo bank

If this is not the type of work you typically do then I would first wonder why and how you were approached for this commission over how much should you charge. At first blush it sounds like just another one of the numerous scams that are prevelant throughout the internet that have targeted photographers.

The usual bottomline to these is that the "client" sends you a cashiers check for fees/travel/whatever that is over and above the agreed upon fee, they will just want you to cash the check and remit the difference back to them. When the cashiers check is found to be a fake or forgery then you will be responsible for returning the entire amount to your bank.

www.bradmanchas.zenfolio.com
The gear list
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member