Company needs a photo bank

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 18 Apr 2008 (Friday) 16:55   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

vantsi
Joined Dec 2007
43 posts
Finland
[MORE/SHARE]

I've been contacted by a pretty large company. They need a lot of photos for their photo bank and are ready to send me across the world.
I have no idea how much should I charge and if I should charge per pic or per day or how. I really need some true professional help here. :)
This companys turnover was $51 million in 2007.

Post #1, Apr 18, 2008 16:55:15

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
Joined Apr 2003
10,884 posts
southern Alberta, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

If this is as big as you allude this to be you should be soliciting professional help rather than trying to take the word of people that you don't know. Once you start to work "around the world" there are many more hidden costs that you need to calculate in. You are pretty thin on details and how is anyone supposed to give advice on something this large when you provide a couple of sentences worth of backup information. If it really is this big you need lawyers and accountants to help you not people that mostly work in anonymity on a forum board.

Post #2, Apr 18, 2008 19:26:43

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Galleryexternal link | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

BradM
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
1,508 posts
Centralia, WA
[MORE/SHARE]

If this is not the type of work you typically do then I would first wonder why and how you were approached for this commission over how much should you charge. At first blush it sounds like just another one of the numerous scams that are prevelant throughout the internet that have targeted photographers.

The usual bottomline to these is that the "client" sends you a cashiers check for fees/travel/whatever that is over and above the agreed upon fee, they will just want you to cash the check and remit the difference back to them. When the cashiers check is found to be a fake or forgery then you will be responsible for returning the entire amount to your bank.

Post #3, Apr 19, 2008 09:48:23 as a reply to ssim's post 14 hours earlier.

Shaking like a hypertensive squirrel on meth? Buy IS, cheaper than detox & it works.

www.bradmanchas.zenfol​io.comexternal link
The gear list

LIST NEARBY THREADS
497 views & 0 likes for this thread
Company needs a photo bank
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES