Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th of April 2008 (Sun)   #1
Furf
"...in search of a clue"

Default Planning a Trip to NYC Hotel question

Ok why am I posting this? I need Ideas. I figure some one has goe to NYC for vacation. A friend and I are going to take a trip to NYC in june. We will be driving from Boston where her flight comes in. We want a hotel in the city where I can park my car and leave it for the 3 days that we will be there. We were hoping for a room for under 175 a night. But it seems the places that I find are more hostels then anything.

So what I ask is has anyone stayed in NYC that has found a hotel that seems like it may fit our needs or have any reccomendation?

Thanks all.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of April 2008 (Sun)   #2
eddarr
There's Moderators under there....

Default Re: Planning a Trip to NYC Hotel question

You should get plenty of responses from people who stay/live there more than I. You might want to contact some of the NYC people like Bottombracket for additional info, also cosworth just mentioned a hotel in a thread a while back.

We stayed at the Hotel David which is a smaller boutique style hotel that was not much more than 175 per night but had no vehicle parking. The important part for us was location. We were 1-2 block south of Grand Central Station. This meant that most things were within walking distance (you will not want to drive once in the city) or we could jump the subway easily. Times Square is a few blocks to the east Central Park is a little further to the north.

You might even want to research parking the car someplace off of the island and take transit to the hotel. It may be cheaper that parking in NYC.

eddarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of April 2008 (Sun)   #3
JeffreyG
"my bits and pieces are all hard"

I stayed at a Ramada in Jersey City once that was fair and cheap. It was about 2 blocks from the PATH train station, and that was about a 10 minute ride to Wall Street. The Ramada was pretty close to where the Lincoln Tunnel emerges on the Jersey side if I remember correctly.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of April 2008 (Sun)   #4
Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.

I live in the area and think you should try a hotels.com search or something. I know rooms in general are not cheap and have some friends that stay in the Jersey side and then take public or hotel transport into the city during the day.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!!

Skrim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of April 2008 (Sun)   #5
Darsk47
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
I stayed at a Ramada in Jersey City once that was fair and cheap. It was about 2 blocks from the PATH train station, and that was about a 10 minute ride to Wall Street. The Ramada was pretty close to where the Lincoln Tunnel emerges on the Jersey side if I remember correctly.
Funny - last time in NYC I stayed in a Doubletree in Jersey City. The PATH terminal was virtually in the same building. Parking - yes, and security was good. Hotel was on the Jersey side of the Lincoln tunnel. Half a block east and you're in the Hudson.

I think it was about $150/night.
Pair of AB 800s & lots of other stuff 'n' junk.
POTN Fantasy Football; aka Wide Right (charter member & perennial also ran)
Darsk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of April 2008 (Sun)   #6
Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.

Also from hoboken you can get some nice city skyline shots, particularly at night!

PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!!

Skrim17 is offline   Reply With Quote