Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Small Flash and Studio Lighting
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th of April 2008 (Mon)   #1
psxindo

Default cactus v2 & v2s questions

I'm planning to get a cheap flash for my 2nd/3rd flash. most likely will be the vivitar 285HV

Currently I have the cactus trigger V2.

I went to the gadget infinity site and it says that the V2s will work with 285HV.

does the V2 work with 285HV?

If not, can I trigger the v2 receiver with V2s transmitter? I know that the V2s cannot be triggered by the V2 transmitter.
psxindo is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 28th of April 2008 (Mon)   #2
Jim G
I feel thoroughly satisfied

Default Re: cactus v2 & v2s questions

My 4-channel V2 triggered my 285HV just fine. and the V2 receiver cannot be triggered by the v2s transmitter.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of April 2008 (Tue)   #3
FlashZebra
This space available

Default Re: cactus v2 & v2s questions

The V2 will work with the new version of the 285HV, but tend to stop working long before the batteries in the receiver are spent.

So, you typically have to change the batteries in the receiver much more frequently that one would expect.

The V2 receiver does not run the battery down, it is just that the new 285HV stops working at a very high cut off Voltage.

You can decide if this meets your definition of "works" or not.

Enjoy! Lon

http://flashzebra.com/

FlashZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member