Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 01 May 2008 (Thursday) 11:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

jacksonville FL POTN Members ?

matikrimerman
78 posts
Joined May 2006

May 01, 2008 11:11 |  #1

Hey

New to Jax, looking for people to go out and shoot with (my wife can use a brake).

Just moved here a few month ago and have about zero time to go out and shoot, but I thought a thread with all of the folks here might come handy.

Name:Mati
like shooting: Landscapes, Motorsports, Night scene.
My webstie: www.matikrimerman.com

Mati Krimerman

www.matikrimerman.com (external link)

sponsored links
inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,185 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2006

May 01, 2008 16:02 |  #2

I'm down...I replied to your PM...and here's another thread, I started a while ago. We might just get a few people interested here...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=455130

MCSquared (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link)
My name: Manish.

ArcticEd
288 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 01, 2008 20:08 |  #3

I'm in, though I've got a bit of a busy travel season ahead of me. I've got a membership to the zoo (can get me & one other adult in for free) & know Hanna park pretty well.

Canon 30D | Canon 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM | Canon 100-400L IS | Kenko Extension Tube Set |430EX Speedlite

matikrimerman
THREAD ­ STARTER
78 posts
Joined May 2006

May 01, 2008 21:50 |  #4

Good to see you here guys

I just stopped by the river on my way back from work and took some quick shots.
(p.s - I met another guy taking pictures there, I hope he'll show up here as well)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Mati Krimerman

Goincarcrazy
Goldmember
2,961 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 26, 2008 13:18 as a reply to  @ matikrimerman's post |  #5

New to the forums today and glad to see other Jacksonvillians interested in photography. If I ever get time I'd gladly join up. :)

More Photos:Flickr (external link)

Canon 5D Mark II - Canon 50D - 24-70mm L f/2.8 - 100-400mm L IS f/4.5-5.6 - 50mm f/1.4 - MP-E 65mm Macro - 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro - 600mm L f/4 IS - 1.4x Teleconverter - Kenko Extension Tubes - Speedlight 430EX - MT-24EX Twin-Lite

matikrimerman
THREAD ­ STARTER
78 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 01, 2008 21:26 as a reply to  @ Goincarcrazy's post |  #6

Well guys, I'm sorry I have to bail out but I had to move to Dallas TX (sudden relocation..) . I still hope you guys can meet up...

Sorry again

Mati

Mati Krimerman

Derweissehai
Goldmember
2,830 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2007

Jul 20, 2008 15:44 as a reply to  @ matikrimerman's post |  #7

I'm in. Who else wants to get together for a shoot sometime. I also enjoy shooting in Hannah park.

Sony A7, Mamiay 645AF & RZ67, Canon 7D & 40D, Pentax Spotomatic SP2, Ashai SuperTakamur 50mm 1.4, Profoto D1 1000 Air.
FLICKR (external link)

Goincarcrazy
Goldmember
2,961 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 20, 2008 15:58 as a reply to  @ Derweissehai's post |  #8

Next time I get some free time to go shoot, I'll let ya'll know. I've not really shot anywhere with my DSLR other than at my house and around my fiance's house. I'd love to get out and shoot other stuff.

Canon 5D Mark II - Canon 50D - 24-70mm L f/2.8 - 100-400mm L IS f/4.5-5.6 - 50mm f/1.4 - MP-E 65mm Macro - 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro - 600mm L f/4 IS - 1.4x Teleconverter - Kenko Extension Tubes - Speedlight 430EX - MT-24EX Twin-Lite

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,185 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 20, 2008 16:04 |  #9

I'm in...the Zoo sounds like an awesome meeting place...??

Derweissehai
Goldmember
2,830 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 20, 2008 16:07 as a reply to  @ inthedeck's post |  #10

Sounds like a plan. I have 2 studio shoots this week. But I am free on friday to shoot possibly in Hannah Park or on the south bank downtown

Sony A7, Mamiay 645AF & RZ67, Canon 7D & 40D, Pentax Spotomatic SP2, Ashai SuperTakamur 50mm 1.4, Profoto D1 1000 Air.
FLICKR (external link)

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,185 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 20, 2008 16:13 |  #11

Never heard of Hannah Park...I just moved here a year ago...but, still learning. It'll take a while...

I live St. Auggie...but, work on Southside...so, I'd be happy with somewhere close. The zoo, I guess is central to lots of people.

Derweissehai
Goldmember
2,830 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 20, 2008 16:27 |  #12

inthedeck wrote in post #5948642 (external link)
Never heard of Hannah Park...I just moved here a year ago...but, still learning. It'll take a while...

I live St. Auggie...but, work on Southside...so, I'd be happy with somewhere close. The zoo, I guess is central to lots of people.

Hannah Park is over by the beaches in or actually in Atlantic Beach near Mayport. I have shot out at the lighthouse before. Weather was bad that day. Yeah not much to shoot on southside. But if you head up to beach street and take a right towards walmart it will take you right into downtown or San Marco actually. Great places to shoot down there as well. But once you see the Landing from the south bank and the marina....great shots from there especially at night with everything lit up.

FLICKR (external link)

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,185 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 20, 2008 18:11 |  #13

I've been to Friendship Park, if that's close to where you are talking about. I've also been on the monorail, walked around in the city...and basically taken some street shots. I've been to Micklet Beach, which is much closer for me (gas isn't cheap anymore)...but, I've been looking to get to the zoo.

I've been to St. Auggie beach, Anastasia Island park, as well as around that area, and A1A. My wife and I have have explored some more...and will continue to do so. We've been to San Marco, and used to live in a rental in Julington Creek. Glad we moved out of there... :)

I've been to Shads Bridge, over the Buckman, and along 16. One of these days, I am going to make it up to the beaches, in the evening. Maybe if the wife is working, one evening, I will go out to the beaches, with the cam.

I still think the zoo might be a good meeting grounds. Up to the crew.

Derweissehai
Goldmember
2,830 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 20, 2008 18:45 as a reply to  @ inthedeck's post |  #14

Just need to finalize a date. The zoo has some great flower exhibits. Some of the animals can be a bit shy at times but there is still plenty to shoot.

FLICKR (external link)

Goincarcrazy
Goldmember
2,961 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 20, 2008 19:27 as a reply to  @ Derweissehai's post |  #15

I'm all for the zoo. as I said, unfortunately I have 0 time. I could probably pull a Friday afternoon (around 1 or so) and head out there if some random Friday in the future would work. can't be this coming but maybe next month sometime...or in the fall..the fall would be nice so we don't cook our brains or our cameras.

sponsored links

34,117 views & 0 likes for this thread
jacksonville FL POTN Members ?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.