Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 01 Dec 2004 (Wednesday) 08:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Pro1 receives new firmware update 1.0.1.0

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Dec 01, 2004 08:46 |  #1

http://web.canon.jp ...ng/pspro1/firmware-e.htmlexternal link

And I can personally vouch that AF is MUCH, MUCH improved. Indoor AF lag cut down in half. AF in good light easily achieved in <0.5 seconds and accurate.

I have restored faith in Canon. :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
RJSorensen
Goldmember
1,706 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Near Tin Cup, Wyoming, USA
Dec 01, 2004 16:56 |  #2

I updated today . . . I hope all is well with the first test shots to follow. Thank you Canon. :wink:

"With Some Practice . . . I Am Able to Believe Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast!"
5D, 20D, EF 50 f/1.4, EF 16-35 L, EF-S 17-85, EF 24-70 L, EF 100-400 L, 1.4 TC II, Tubes, 550 EX, 580 EX.

ScottK
96 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Oceanside, CA, USA
Dec 01, 2004 18:50 |  #3

I'm bummed. Why can't they apply this for the G5? :(

rgravel
307 posts
Joined Apr 2004
Gatineau, PQ, Canada
Dec 01, 2004 19:44 |  #4

ScottK wrote:

I agree ?!

Robert Gravel www.robertgravel.ca/
EOS 7D + grip, EF 400 f5.6 L, EF 70-200 f4 I.S. L, EF 17-40 f4 L, EF 24-105 L, EF 100 f2.8 macro, EF 40 Pancake, 430 EX II, 430 EX, S90, EOS Elan 7N

kreego
109 posts
Joined Mar 2004
Paris (Issy-les-Moulineaux) France
Dec 02, 2004 04:09 |  #5

rgravel wrote:
ScottK wrote:

I agree ?!

ME TOO!! (If I write in caps, maybe Canon will notice? :lol: )

K

Canon 5D, 350D and grips
Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX DG Macro, 70-200 2.8 EX APO HSM, Canon EF 50 1.4
http://www.harberts.co​m/photoexternal link

meow
330 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Dec 02, 2004 05:49 |  #6

ME THREE!!! :cry:

ScottK
96 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Oceanside, CA, USA
Dec 02, 2004 17:09 |  #7

Well, spurred to check (against all hope) for a related G5 firmware update, I was I did finally get around to updating my firmware from 1.0.0.0 to the 2.0.0.0 posted over a year ago at BeBit. Supposedly, it only adds PictBridge support. I did notice that I now get audible feedback on focus and exposure readings - if everything's "OK", I get a double beep, otherwise a single beep. Don't know if this is new (the update process wipes out all your settings, so maybe I somehow had it turned off) but I'm pretty sure it is (and its nice).

I wonder if there are any other hidden treasures in there....

Though, I do know from shooting today that the autofocus is as slow as ever, especially in macro mode... :roll:

meow
330 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Dec 02, 2004 17:31 |  #8

That sounds nice... *beep-beep*. I suppose it resets file numbers too?

I've never done this. They warn you that the camera can become inoperable of something goes wrong. Should I worry? ?!

ScottK
96 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Oceanside, CA, USA
Dec 02, 2004 17:45 |  #9

Oddly (and happily), no, the file number stayed on track.

I was on pins and needles during the whole process. The idea of having a $500 paper weight wasn't too appealing. ?! Once I got the process going, there are all these warnings - don't turn off the power, don't open the CF card door, don't touch a thing! I sat there the whole time, holding it in my hands, afraid to move. :)

Then, it says if it goes for more than five minutes, that something's wrong. After about 3, I started sweating. But finally, after about three and a half minutes it shut down, and finished successfully.

I don't know how the first people to apply the 300D hacked firmware did it!

But I hope they're just over-stating the potential dangers. I wouldn't worry, but make sure you follow the steps closely.

meow
330 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Dec 02, 2004 17:53 |  #10

Probably. What happens if it goes wrong? Can they mend it?  :o

BTW they say Canon can do it for you, but I guess that comes at a price and maybe you have to send the camera away.

File numbers are all I care about really. Should I dare? "A beep, a beep! A camera for a beep!"

sponsored links

2,472 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pro1 receives new firmware update 1.0.1.0
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.