Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd of May 2012 (Wed)   #1261
xposhore

Default Re: 1DS MkI owners unite!

On second thought I guess it is customary to post a first picture from the camera and i did manage to get one kind of decent of my dog, close up. Looks funny with the wide angel up so close. I haven't checked any of the settings yet that is straight from just a quick start guide. I didn't have any trouble with the computer recognizing the files, I didn't get any software but I usually use lightroom and photoshop anyway but I did find a link to Canon's site that still kind of supports the camera.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...AndAccessories

Thats good to know also the focusing screens look pretty cheap there.

xposhore is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of May 2012 (Fri)   #1262
xposhore

I took it out today for the first time after work for a few shots. Pretty happy with the Sigma lens, of course the camera is just awesome. 1DS is easy to operate although it has many custom and personal functions that I will get into more as I learn it. The viewfinder is sufficient and has a clear view of the lens perspective. All shots were done handheld, pretty good for the shutter speed. No cropping just scaling the image and a little work in Lightroom 4. ISO 100. Today was cloudy so I didn't have a glaring afternoon sun which seems to be a problem with the lens as the glass protrudes from the hood and you can't attach a filter. Lens has little distortion, some vignetting and lots of purple fringing, but that can be easily controlled in Lightroom 4 now with a purple slider.

Last edited by xposhore : 4th of May 2012 (Fri) at 23:34. Reason: wrong links
Old 9th of May 2012 (Wed)   #1263
xposhore

Here a better one I took today, a little enhancement in photoshop, no cropping.

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 9th of May 2012 (Wed)   #1264
heypeterman

New owner here! Pretty excited, has a great feel, interesting (weird) controls but I think I'm gonna like it. Already have a 5D classic, wasn't really looking for another body but I saw a deal I couldn't say no to and here I am. Anyways, the camera's in great condition, less than 17,000 clicks and included the charger with two original batteries. No firewire cable though. Anything special required or can I just find a cheap one on eBay?

Oh, I read through the first 10 pages then from page 50 on. Part of the excitement was checking out everyone's images. Looking good!

Last edited by heypeterman : 9th of May 2012 (Wed) at 23:21.
heypeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #1265
xposhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypeterman View Post
New owner here! Pretty excited, has a great feel, interesting (weird) controls but I think I'm gonna like it. Already have a 5D classic, wasn't really looking for another body but I saw a deal I couldn't say no to and here I am. Anyways, the camera's in great condition, less than 17,000 clicks and included the charger with two original batteries. No firewire cable though. Anything special required or can I just find a cheap one on eBay?

Oh, I read through the first 10 pages then from page 50 on. Part of the excitement was checking out everyone's images. Looking good!
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you got a good deal, I'm impressed with the camera despite some of its quirks. I didn't have a firewire cable either and ordered a cheaper one, it hasn't arrived yet but I can let you know when I get it if it works.
Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #1266
xposhore

Can't use the 14mm all the time so I got the Voigtlander 40mm, heres a look at it if you haven't seen it before. I'll post a few pictures with it later.

Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #1267
tomcat7886
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxphotokid View Post
Clouds rolled in today:

Old 10th of May 2012 (Thu)   #1268
altitude604

Lone Trillium

1Ds, Tamron 28-75mm w/ Variable ND Filter and filled with YN-467.

- Gear List -
altitude604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #1269
Feedhorn

Nice picture the last 1. Looking good the sigma 14mm
Feedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #1270
cvt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedhorn View Post
Question

According to Canon the 1Ds is no longer supported in windows 7. The Custom and personal functies can't be changed anymore in windows 7 becuse there is no driver (IEEE 1394) for it.

However I managed to get it to work within windows 7 and can acces the settings in EOS utility.How?
I downloaded the windows XP drivers for the camera and before installing them I set the compatibility to XP mode (recht mouse button, properties) After installation the camera was detected bij the EOS utility software and I could manage it from the laptop, including personal settings.
Could you share what drivers did you download and install exactly? And what programs?

Gear: 1Ds I, 1Ds II, Rokinon 14, 35L, 50L, Helios 85, 135L,
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #1271
xposhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypeterman View Post

I did get my firewire cable but I found out I need an adapter to connect to the computer. The camera is six pin and the computer is nine pin so I ordered a 9x6 pin adapter to make it work, probably be another week till I'm connected to the computer by the cable. Just thought I'd let you know if your looking to connect by firewire you might need the same.
Old 11th of May 2012 (Fri)   #1272
xposhore

I picked up a few adapters this week and trying out a few older lenses before I buy any new ones. Some seem to work better then others although it is more work using older all manual lenses its not to bad and is kind of fun to experiment with them. This one is pretty good and the 135mm is easier to see in the viewfinder to focus.

Old 12th of May 2012 (Sat)   #1273
heypeterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xposhore View Post
I did get my firewire cable but I found out I need an adapter to connect to the computer. The camera is six pin and the computer is nine pin so I ordered a 9x6 pin adapter to make it work, probably be another week till I'm connected to the computer by the cable. Just thought I'd let you know if your looking to connect by firewire you might need the same.
Thanks for the update. I'll check the firewire connection on my computer.
heypeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of May 2012 (Sat)   #1274
xposhore

Here's a couple shots with the Voigtlander 40mm, I think its as good as I heard about before getting it.

Old 13th of May 2012 (Sun)   #1275
louismark

Here is a shot of the ceremony room of the wedding i've got to shoot coming up. It will certainly help make my job easier with all that light, as this was the darkest part of the room and i was trying to keep the warm glow of the lights and fill with flash

Last edited by louismark : 13th of May 2012 (Sun) at 03:20.
louismark is offline   Reply With Quote