Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th of December 2004 (Thu)   #1
Malaxos1

Thumbs up Good cheap alternative...

Last night I saw in someones window, something that looked like a gold photo reflector. It was the flex type. I knocked on the door and asked if they wanted to sell it to me as they were just using it to block the sun coming in throght there window. The woman told me that it was a window shade for cars. I couldn't believe it, looked like something that I would use for photos. She told me that she couldn't remember where she got it but it was either Wal-Mart, Fred Myer or one of the auto places. She said she got it a few years ago and it was around $12. Anyway, I went to Schuck's auto parts and got a set of two for $6, they are 25"x 28" and fold down into a small disk. The range seems to be about 20' or so. I couldn't find one with gold like the woman's (hers was gold on one side and silver on ther other). The one I got was real shiny silver on one side and a duller silver on ther other. Both sides are very reflective but bifferent in the softness of the reflection. Not bad for the price. Oh, BTW, the woman told me that she would sell me hers but she used them for her digital photogrphy as well. I never told her what I wanted it for. LOL...Dean
Malaxos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 16th of December 2004 (Thu)   #2
drisley
"What a Tool I am"

Default Re: Good cheap alternative...

My friend has one of those for his car.
Be a photographer, I immediately thought "that would be a great reflector"

drisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of December 2004 (Fri)   #3
cmM
Goldmember

I've used one before
cmM is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 17th of December 2004 (Fri)   #4
Olegis
Goldmember

As a matter of fact, I once tried to use one and it never worked for me - it didn't reflect enough light...

www.Olegis.com
My equipment list
'I take orders from no one except the photographers' Harry S Truman
Olegis is offline   Reply With Quote