Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events
Thread started 24 May 2008 (Saturday) 10:01
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Now THIS Is How You Shoot A Wedding :)

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,858 posts
Joined Nov 2002
May 24, 2008 10:01 |  #1

I just saw an amazing wedding video done by a group of photographers/videogra​phers from Toronto. INCREDIBLE!
http://stillmotionblog​.com/?p=104external link

In fact, Canon was so impressed they used it in their Rebel XTI commercials here in Canada.
http://www.stillmotion​blog.com/?p=258external link

1D Mark III - 5D Mark IV - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L Mark II - Samyang 14/2.8

sponsored links
Kalapos
151 posts
Joined Apr 2005
Ontario, Canada
May 24, 2008 10:48 |  #2

That is one of the best video's Ive seen in a long time!! What a lucky couple to have such a beautiful keepsake!

Canon 5d, Canon 300D,50mm 1.8 (love it)18-55mm, 75-300mm IS, 17-40mm L, 100mm 2.8 macro, 430 ex speedlight flash
More photo's by me! http://jennkalapos.smu​gmug.comexternal link

minus ­ 5
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Dallas, Texas
May 24, 2008 10:49 |  #3

Wow that video is flippin' amazing! I LOVE the soundtrack to it..and the marquis with the 'double feature'...brilliant!

'If it doesn't fit...hit it with a big stick'

drisley
THREAD ­ STARTER
"What a Tool I am"
8,858 posts
Joined Nov 2002
May 24, 2008 11:32 |  #4

Check out their other videos on their site.
These are "SAME DAY EDITSexternal link" :eek:
This was edited in 90 MINUTES!

beezwax
Goldmember
1,169 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Houston, Tejas
May 24, 2008 11:46 as a reply to drisley's post |  #5

being the Wedding videographer that I am for the last 9 years.. I honestly have to say that video is truely amazing...

I've submitted video's into the WEVA int. Awards and HPVA (Houston Professional Videographers Association)myself.. and have created, in my opinion was wonderfull things.. but this tops all

That wedding video was a full production.. with Booms, prolly 3 or 4 camera operators... with sound producers on each camera. The Post Production editing, INHO, is Academy award winning... and I mean that.

there are some really creative minds out there and a lot of productions companies can produce works like this... finding the client that'll spend 20-30 THOUSAND dollars on a wedding MOVIE... not video is that lost golden treasure.

Brilliant work

I posted a comment

MYGEAR
GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.comexternal link

dadCameraGuy
667 posts
Joined May 2008
Missouri
May 24, 2008 12:19 |  #6
banned

my wallet just melted in my pocket! Yikes... made the mistake of showing that video to my daughter (who is thankfully only 13 heehee) told her not to expect that for her wedding!

planetMitch
planet5D.comexternal link
the best Canon HDSLR site on the planet

beezwax
Goldmember
1,169 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Houston, Tejas
May 24, 2008 12:25 |  #7

dadCameraGuy wrote in post #5588171external link
my wallet just melted in my pocket! Yikes... made the mistake of showing that video to my daughter (who is thankfully only 13 heehee) told her not to expect that for her wedding!

you can hire me... my videos are only $1500;)

MYGEAR
GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.comexternal link

sethmo
463 posts
Joined Jun 2007
Keokuk, IA
May 24, 2008 12:38 |  #8

Very impressed. Did look like they had at least 3 camera peoples. I wonder what all equipment was used, everything was so fluid and smooth.

-=sethmo - Canon EOS 50d=-
Links: Websiteexternal link / Gear List

Exit
473 posts
Joined May 2005
Toronto, Canada
May 24, 2008 12:59 |  #9

drool

http://www.weekend.ee/external link

dadCameraGuy
667 posts
Joined May 2008
Missouri
May 24, 2008 13:33 |  #10
banned

beezwax wrote in post #5588196external link
you can hire me... my videos are only $1500;)

umm... you gonna be around in 10 years? I'm not letting my 13 year old date until she's 20 so it will be a while ;)

planetMitch
planet5D.comexternal link
the best Canon HDSLR site on the planet

drisley
THREAD ­ STARTER
"What a Tool I am"
8,858 posts
Joined Nov 2002
May 24, 2008 14:37 |  #11

Cameras: up to eight in total.

- 4 Canon XH-A1s; our general purpose main camera. Excellent low-light ability, power and flexibility of custom presets, intuitive control layout, option of 30F/24F.

- 3 Canon HV-20s; this cam is the little engine that could. Excellent performance when used in adequate lighting conditions, good low light performance for a single chip CMOS camera, and a nice 24P option. This camera also serves as our importing ‘deck’.

- Canon XL-H1; the main steadicam cam. In addition to all the XH-A1 perks, this camera allows for inter-changable lenses, is suitable out-of-the-box for 35mm adapter usage due to it’s built in LCD flip ability, and it’s weight makes it ideal for mating with our Steadicam Flyer.

For bright sunlight, we have several Petrol LCD sunshades that work great this type of situation.

Stabilizers: We use a Steadicam Flyer for the XL-H1, 2 Steadicam Merlins for the HV-20s & XH-A1s, and 3 glidecam 2000’s for the XH-A1s. For more static shooting, we use 2 spiderbrace units as well as 5 Manfrotto tripods mounted to 503 heads. For specialty and premium shoots, we sometimes bring out the 12′ Kessler crane as well as the new Cinevate Dolly. We will be adding a Steadicam Pilot to mate to our XH-A1s shortly.

35 mm Imaging: We use 5 Cinevate Brevis35 adapters+flip modules to allow us to achieve the very shallow depth of field for our detail shots, while also allowing us to achieve the grand feel in our wide master shots. Isn’t it nice to be able to borrow a large variety of DSLR lenses from our photo department? ;)

Video Lenses: We use the Canon 3.4-20mm XL wide-angle lens for our XL-H1, 16×9 Inc 0.7 wide-angle lens and the Red Eye 0.6 wide-angle lens adapters for our XH-A1s.

Audio: We use 4 Sennheiser G2 wireless setups for our audio capture.

Editing Hardware & Software: We use up to date Mac Pro’s for all our editing and post work. For our same day edits we use 2 top-of-the-line Macbook Pro laptops.

LFaluade
86 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Boston, MA
May 24, 2008 15:03 |  #12

I am completely speechless. That was AMAZING!! What a fairy tale capture! I'd love to see the photos from the wedding :)

-LFaluade :cool:

drisley
THREAD ­ STARTER
"What a Tool I am"
8,858 posts
Joined Nov 2002
May 24, 2008 15:11 |  #13

Canadians rule! :)

jrjphoto
355 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Harlingen TX USA
May 24, 2008 15:17 as a reply to drisley's post |  #14

I am an independent filmmaker and a Steadicam operator. I use the Flyer for my Panasonic AG-HVX200 and a Merlin for my HV20. I also use the Brevis35 adapter, but with Canon FD mount prime lenses. I also have Sennheizer microphones on long booms that connect to a Mackie board which goes right back into the camera. The HVX is heavy off the Steadicam or tripod because I have it attached to a large mattebox and rails system that also supports Anton Bauer battery packs and an 11" LCD field monitor.

The HV20 is the secondary, second unit or "stunt cam", depending on what I need it for. I've attached it to the exterior of cars for chase scenes, driven burning model cars into it (well, the lexan in front of it), and other vicious things. I use Final Cut Studio 2 for post and the footage integrates well with the HVX's.

The toughest aspect of using the Flyer is directing when you're in the vest. I like to use my hands when I direct so it's tough to do so when one hand is holding onto the Flyer's arm so it won't accidentally wack someone when I'm moving around between takes.

There is currently no one where I live that would pay for my services to do a wedding movie of that nature. Which is fine, cuz I don't care to shoot weddings, anyway. :-D

Jason R. Johnston, Photographer
Texas, USA | My Portfolioexternal link | My Gear

OdiN1701
Goldmember
2,523 posts
Joined Jul 2005
May 27, 2008 22:21 |  #15
banned

This is not a wedding video....this is full on production lol. They had movable spotlights and all sorts of stuff.

I wonder if they had permission to use the song from the Pearl Harbor movie....

SAY NO TO SPEC WORK!external link

sponsored links

30,478 views & 0 likes for this thread
Now THIS Is How You Shoot A Wedding :)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.