Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports
Thread started 22 Dec 2004 (Wednesday) 07:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Found two more swimming photos...

maderito
Goldmember
1,336 posts
Joined Oct 2003
Southern New England
Dec 23, 2004 06:08 as a reply to post 359468 |  #16

Well you've made your point. These imges don't handle well with noise reduction. They look too glassy/plastic. I think the problem goes back to the original image - motion blur, maybe focus, maybe resolution, and the general challenge of capturing images of swimmers bathed in water.

Among sports, swimming would rank high on what I'd like to shoot (beautiful action) but low on what I would try to shoot because of the very difficult conditions and my very limited knowledge of the sport.

Woody Lee
http://pbase.com/mader​itoexternal link
http://maderito.fotki.​comexternal link

timmyquest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,172 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Outside of Chicago
Dec 23, 2004 08:43 as a reply to maderito's post |  #17
banned

maderito wrote:
Well you've made your point. These imges don't handle well with noise reduction. They look too glassy/plastic. I think the problem goes back to the original image - motion blur, maybe focus, maybe resolution, and the general challenge of capturing images of swimmers bathed in water.

Among sports, swimming would rank high on what I'd like to shoot (beautiful action) but low on what I would try to shoot because of the very difficult conditions and my very limited knowledge of the sport.

Like i said in another thread, when i got there and saw how dark it was, and how wet it was, and felt how hot and humid it was i thought "Man, i dont wana be here". But when i got home and starting seeing the possibilities i was hooked. I cant wait till they "make" me do it again :cool:

Capturing life a fraction of a second at a time

eric1
729 posts
Joined May 2003
St. Louis, Mo.
Dec 23, 2004 10:58 as a reply to timmyquest's post |  #18

hi,TQ. i didn't mean to imply that your shots were too noisey. i just wanted to see how that type of shot would handle NR. thanks for the samples.

eric

Eric
www.pbase.com/ericm

timmyquest
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,172 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Outside of Chicago
Dec 23, 2004 11:34 as a reply to eric1's post |  #19
banned

eric1 wrote:
hi,TQ. i didn't mean to imply that your shots were too noisey. i just wanted to see how that type of shot would handle NR. thanks for the samples.

eric

I know, i mean...dont get me wrong, they are too noisey. It just doesnt bother me as much as it may others.

Capturing life a fraction of a second at a time

MilesG
253 posts
Joined Nov 2004
Grantham, England, UK
Dec 26, 2004 02:14 |  #20

dont really appeal to me but they are really noisy

Web Address: http://www.milesgreen.​co.uk
E-Mail Address: mail@milesgreen.co.uk
Miles Green
Lincolnshire
England
UK

5,311 views & 0 likes for this thread
Found two more swimming photos...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.