Welcome to Contest #21!
Since so many of us make (and most of us break) New Year's Resolutions, this month's competition theme is "Bad Habits." The challenge is to capture a photograph which represents a bad habit of your own or someone elses (or even society in general!).
Your photo can of be ANYTHING at all that you feel best represents a bad habit that many will be trying to better in the upcoming new year. Put some thought into it and get creative - this competition could really result in some interesting photographs (some inspiring self reflection, some may make us feel guilt or shame, while others may be simply hilarious!).
In addition to meeting the challenge of successfully capturing this month's topic, please remember that the technical aspects of the photograph are equally as important. Voters should be judging based on the images composition, exposure, proper use of DOF, etc. in addition to the content of the photo.
As per usual, you may submit up to two photos for this competition.
SEND PHOTOS TO: email@example.com
Note: Please allow up to 48 hours for your photo to post. If it is not posted within this time fram please send me a note via this forum.
TITLE All e-mails "Bad Habits." If the e-mail subject is not titled as such, I will not open the attachment and you will not be entered into the contest!
Please submit photos in the format "username_0x.jpg", where x is the number of the submission (i.e. 1 or 2).
Please submit a TITLE with your picture along with the DATE it was taken, and SPEED/APERTURE/ISO.
Additionally a brief explanation if needed to emphasise how this photo meets the theme.
VIEW PHOTOS AT:
Anyone can enter this contest. It is not so much we have these in the spirit of competition, rather we have these contests to challenge ourselves and to give ourselves motivation to take pictures that we might otherwise not do. And in turn learn and grow.
1) The contest will run for two weeks and will end on Wednesday, January 12th, 2005 at 8:00AM EST.
2) You can submit up to two pictures, and change these if you wish up to the time that the competition ends.
3) Photographs must be taken by you during the two-week period of the contest.
4) Post processing - nothing that substantially changes the original composition of the image.
5) Photos must be no larger than 800 pixels at the longest dimension. Also, please try and keep the filesize down to under 300k if possible to make viewing the gallery easier for modem users.
6) No framing of pictures, text or copyright notices.
7) At the end of the competition, a separate thread will be started to seek the votes of forum members over the period of 1 week. The person with the most votes will be declared the winner and will also be expected to choose the topic for the next competition and carry out the administration of same.
Please be patient with me if it takes one or two days for me to get submissions posted.
Finally, please ensure that you have read this post fully and understand the rules prior to sending.
Good Luck....Have Fun and a Happy New Year to All!