Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation
Thread started 29 Dec 2004 (Wednesday) 03:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Trains . . . CSX

RJSorensen
Goldmember
1,706 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Near Tin Cup, Wyoming, USA
Dec 29, 2004 03:55 |  #1

I was out and about on the 16th December, 2004 and caught this CSX 7370 running through on our local Union Pacific OSL tracks. Something you don't see out west much . . . anyway they have just repaired this stretch of tracks some 45 miles north of Ogden, Utah and she is just a cooking on this short down hill section.

Any train folks in these parts? I suppose the general section is where Train shots need to go? Comments are welcome as always . . .

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"With Some Practice . . . I Am Able to Believe Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast!"
5D, 20D, EF 50 f/1.4, EF 16-35 L, EF-S 17-85, EF 24-70 L, EF 100-400 L, 1.4 TC II, Tubes, 550 EX, 580 EX.

sponsored links
Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Dec 29, 2004 17:35 |  #2

RJ:
I've posted a few train shots in the past. I also live near a UP mainline (formerly SP) here in the desert, and we see a few of the Chessie units through here as well as the occasional NS unit. I saw a couple BNSF orange and green units a couple weeks ago (apparently lost), but didn't have my camera with me. Mostly, though, things are yellow and gray around here, and it gets pretty boring.

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

marie
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002
Dec 30, 2004 08:25 as a reply to Belmondo's post |  #3

beautiful shot

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'

lovely to see it RJ

love any train shots
(even toys)
(DUPLICATE IMAGE)

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105
Lmm10-22mm,17-40,17-85, 70-300,60mm

RJSorensen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,706 posts
Joined Sep 2004
Near Tin Cup, Wyoming, USA
Dec 30, 2004 09:19 |  #4

Thank you Belmondo and Marie . . . with the sun so low in the south sky and the 'haze' we have from all the little streams and the Bear River here, it is tough to shoot 'nice' things this time of year outdoors. But trains look good nonetheless . . . I agree whole heartedly.

Does everyone have the same problems with lighting during the time near the shortest day of the year?

"With Some Practice . . . I Am Able to Believe Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast!"
5D, 20D, EF 50 f/1.4, EF 16-35 L, EF-S 17-85, EF 24-70 L, EF 100-400 L, 1.4 TC II, Tubes, 550 EX, 580 EX.

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Dec 30, 2004 10:11 as a reply to RJSorensen's post |  #5

RJSorensen wrote:
Does everyone have the same problems with lighting during the time near the shortest day of the year?

Just about everyone.:lol:

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

Tom ­ W
Canon Fanosapien
12,743 posts
Joined Feb 2003
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Dec 30, 2004 12:26 |  #6

All train shots are great, and this is no exception. Nice catch.

BTW, Wyoming is even flatter than I had imagined.

Tom
5D III, 70D, & various lenses

marie
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002
Dec 30, 2004 14:45 as a reply to RJSorensen's post |  #7

RJSorensen wrote:
Thank you Belmondo and Marie . . . with the sun so low in the south sky and the 'haze' we have from all the little streams and the Bear River here, it is tough to shoot 'nice' things this time of year outdoors. But trains look good nonetheless . . . I agree whole heartedly.

HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'
(DUPLICATE IMAGE)
(DUPLICATE IMAGE)

no problem

Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105
Lmm10-22mm,17-40,17-85, 70-300,60mm

sponsored links

3,830 views & 0 likes for this thread
Trains . . . CSX
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.