Thread started 17 Jun 2008 (Tuesday) 10:59   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

PhotoJourno
High Plains Chimper
Joined Mar 2006
5,593 posts
Lago, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

I have a chance to photograph either a Travis Tritt performance, or Randy Travis. I should be able to fit both, but I am not sure I will be able to.

Who puts a better live show?... Randy Travis is a bit of an older player in the Country arena, I think it would be fun to photograph him for sure. But then, Tritt does look like a fun performer.

Any clues?...

Muchly Appreciated.

Post #1, Jun 17, 2008 10:59:14

Mario "MJ" Gravina

"I feel crampy today.." -Abraham Lincoln
"Ow ow you are on my hair!" -Joan of Arc

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Sewtired
Joined Apr 2007
28 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

IF I had to choose just one, I would choose Travis Tritt for sure. They actually both started at about the same time; Randy Travis maybe just a bit earlier. But I think Travis Tritt would definitely have a "livelier" show. Hopefully you can do both though!

Post #2, Jun 17, 2008 13:19:30

Mom27andblessed
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
2,505 posts
Potterville, MI
[MORE/SHARE]

I have seen Travis Tritt in concert 3 times...and WOW! He is just amazing. Never saw Randy Travis live...so can't really speak for that...but TT is WAAAAY more "Rockabilly" type, get up and move kinda music.

Listen for Homesick...

Post #3, Jun 17, 2008 16:12:39

Cindy-wife to Chris, Mom to 7! Gramma/Nana/Grammy to 6 lovelies! Canon 70D owner...trying hard to learn to use it.

eddarr
There's Moderators under there....
Joined Aug 2007
8,907 posts
Las Vegas
[MORE/SHARE]

Randy Travis moved once during a concert. They called him an ambulance because they thought he was having a seizure. Randy plays good music but looks like a statue.

Post #4, Jun 17, 2008 17:40:37

Eric

Mom27andblessed
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
2,505 posts
Potterville, MI
[MORE/SHARE]

They called him an ambulance because they thought he was having a seizure.

Diet coke...my beautiful flat screen...oh noooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post #5, Jun 17, 2008 17:46:58

Cindy-wife to Chris, Mom to 7! Gramma/Nana/Grammy to 6 lovelies! Canon 70D owner...trying hard to learn to use it.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
PhotoJourno
THREAD ­ STARTER
High Plains Chimper
Joined Mar 2006
5,593 posts
Lago, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

That's what I was afraid of. Now Cindy's gonna get in trouble with her husband for the new purchase of a replacement LCD Screen, and Randy Travis sings like Roy Orbison!!..

I thought Randy Travis was a bigger name -bad way to say it, let me rephrase- a longer time in the industry, and so could be worth having some good photos for the portfolio. On the other hand, a good show by Tritt could be really fun to shoot.

Is this a win-win situation? I hope so. I will bet my horses on Tritt then for the pit, and then work around to get a couple of shots of Randy Travis, as taking a thousand frames of him may -by the sound of things- be a bit overdoing it.

Thanks y'all.. :)

Post #6, Jun 17, 2008 20:45:57

Mario "MJ" Gravina

breal101
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2006
2,691 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Mario, what will you do if Shania shows up. Are you ready to give her another chance? :lol:

Post #7, Jun 18, 2008 00:00:24

"Try to go out empty and let your images fill you up." Jay Maisel

PhotoJourno
THREAD ­ STARTER
High Plains Chimper
Joined Mar 2006
5,593 posts
Lago, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

breal101 wrote in post #5742885external link
Mario, what will you do if Shania shows up. Are you ready to give her another chance? :lol:

Oh yeah, I'll go Rico Suave on her...

Post #8, Jun 18, 2008 00:47:47

Mario "MJ" Gravina

PhotoJourno
THREAD ­ STARTER
High Plains Chimper
Joined Mar 2006
5,593 posts
Lago, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

Well, I gotta tell you:

Randy Travis may not move a lot through the stage, but he is one hell of a showman. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the stories, anecdotes and other classy intros and outros for songs. I also respected the fact that he sang older Country songs, he seemed to stay true to the genre, rather than depart into a Rock/Poppy, or Mexicali, Reaggeish version of Country, which we have all seen (I am still waiting for No Woman no cry by Marley, to be released by Pasley, or chesney... if it hasn't been released already :rolleyes: ).

Here is the link to the photos.

http://gravina-productions.smugmug.co​m ...362_PFQ2v#316070969​_a7CJnexternal link

I had a great time. Though the venue only allowed me one song down in the Pit (I could have gotten a face only portrait from that close, though wide angles were all screwed due to being so close and so low from the stage -5ft down, 4-6yards from performer).

I am going to waste it all tonight with Tritt, hoping for a good show as well. Time in the pit may also be limited, but who the cow cares. If I am half as pleased as I was with last night's show, I shall call it a success. Will post that link tomorrow, if I make it. :)

PS: Shania was a no show :( , though four blondes were heckling me the entire time. I think it had been Miller time for them since very early that morning. ;)

Post #9, Jun 19, 2008 12:37:21

Mario "MJ" Gravina

LIST NEARBY THREADS
423 views & 0 likes for this thread
Live Country Music Fans needed...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES