Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > Transportation
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th of July 2008 (Fri)   #1
Kienvu14

Default Second attempt, car pictures!

So last night we went to Belmar's parking garage in lakewood,Co/Denver,CO and had some time to mess around with my cousins cars, took a couple pictures C&C very welcomed and pleased!

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of July 2008 (Fri)   #2
WRLphoto

Default Re: Second attempt, car pictures!

theyre out of focus
Old 11th of July 2008 (Fri)   #3
Jamie Holladay
Cream of the Crop

Welcome to POTN.

"If you really want something done, ask a busy person." Toms wife
Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

You know I can't spell just sound it out. ~ me
Jamie Holladay is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 11th of July 2008 (Fri)   #4
vegasboy
Goldmember

i would work in more lit areas. parking garages are plentiful in vegas, and are really well lit. here is an example

Like my Facebook | Instagram @evoalex
vegasboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of July 2008 (Fri)   #5
Atheomerase

Not bad for a second attempt, looks like the location has potential. Just a matter of taking advantage of the available lighting and focusing a bit more (or utilizing a tripod) to get some more crispness out of the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasboy View Post
i would work in more lit areas. parking garages are plentiful in vegas, and are really well lit. here is an example

I get kicked out of many garages for trying to shoot cars. The security guards are usually cool with us, their supervisors radio down and say we have to leave.

Like that Evo shot.
Sigma: 70-200 f/2.8 // 24-70 f/2.8
http://www.TiltedGlass.com?src=Potn
Atheomerase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th of July 2008 (Fri)   #6
vegasboy
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheomerase View Post
Not bad for a second attempt, looks like the location has potential. Just a matter of taking advantage of the available lighting and focusing a bit more (or utilizing a tripod) to get some more crispness out of the photos.

I get kicked out of many garages for trying to shoot cars. The security guards are usually cool with us, their supervisors radio down and say we have to leave.

Like that Evo shot.
Ive only been hastled once. Usually security is really cool and tries to make conversation, and based on the cars i shoot (track ready / high end cars) they usually just ask questions about the cars. I think ive hit about 15 different garages in town. including several on the strip and just some local ones.
Old 12th of July 2008 (Sat)   #7
Brennan.M
Goldmember

we used to get rushed out of this one spot and after a while they just didnt care. It was probly cause when they called the REAL cops on us, they told the rent-a-cops to take a chill pill and let us shoot and we werent doin any harm and left lol

Leica M3 | Mamiya 7 | Fuji X-Pro1
Brennan.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th of July 2008 (Sat)   #8
Jadam

Let me get this straight... You live in Colorado, your a photographer, you got a jetta, and it's black. Give me my life back you thief.
Old 13th of July 2008 (Sun)   #9
Kienvu14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadam View Post
Let me get this straight... You live in Colorado, your a photographer, you got a jetta, and it's black. Give me my life back you thief.
Actually Yes i live in colorado, and yes and no on photographer, new to it. No i do not own a jetta..any car actually.. i am only 14 =\ cant drive lol
Old 13th of July 2008 (Sun)   #10
Brennan.M
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kienvu14 View Post
Actually Yes i live in colorado, and yes and no on photographer, new to it. No i do not own a jetta..any car actually.. i am only 14 =\ cant drive lol
OWN3D!!!1!!!1!!1 That sucks dude, I remember those days. Now Im 18 and can get in trouble for stuff that cops used to laugh at lol

Leica M3 | Mamiya 7 | Fuji X-Pro1
Brennan.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of July 2008 (Sun)   #11
deadpass
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheomerase View Post

Like that Evo shot.
what garages do you find you have the best luck at? I'm going to be getting a new car soon and want to take some garage shots of it.
Old 13th of July 2008 (Sun)   #12
dinanm3atl
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasboy View Post
Ive only been hastled once. Usually security is really cool and tries to make conversation, and based on the cars i shoot (track ready / high end cars) they usually just ask questions about the cars. I think ive hit about 15 different garages in town. including several on the strip and just some local ones.
It helps if your shooting track cars/racecars/high end cars. It normally means that it is intelligent responsible people are taking the pics and driving and no need to worry about doing donuts and such.
dinanm3atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of July 2008 (Mon)   #13
vegasboy
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
It helps if your shooting track cars/racecars/high end cars. It normally means that it is intelligent responsible people are taking the pics and driving and no need to worry about doing donuts and such.
exactly... thats why i only stick to those shot a nice nsx the other day. 100% track ready for the unlimited class.
Old 14th of July 2008 (Mon)   #14
vegasboy
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpass View Post
what garages do you find you have the best luck at? I'm going to be getting a new car soon and want to take some garage shots of it.
One thing you gotta look for is the "white" light, or otherwise the fluorescent light. and not the yellow looking lights... there are quite a few that have the nice white light in town. 2 off the top of my hear are red rock resort and the planet hollywood. just gotta search around town
Old 14th of July 2008 (Mon)   #15
da_teacher

Nice job Kien...getting better. Let's work on your PP skills...why didn't you call me up? I would've came out...I live there, remember?

da_teacher is online now   Reply With Quote