Thread started 10 Jan 2005 (Monday) 10:26   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

grapar
Hatchling
Joined Jan 2005
2 posts
Ljubljana
[MORE/SHARE]

I have digital camera G5 with serious problems with power. Camera is not responding when i try to swich it on. After multiple atempts to reinsert batery and press power On switch (left or right) camera sometimes switches on, but it can take 10 or more times (removing and inserting the battery) to respond.
What do you think could be wrong with my camera? When turned on, it istarts working OK, but after several minutes it loses power and shuts down, sometimes with objective (lens) pulled out. I think that the problem has something to do with power.
I tryed with fully charged battery from another G5, but it didnt make much difference. I am intending to take the camera to service.
Is it possible that something is wrong with firmware? I have instaled version 2.0.0.0. Is it possible to restore it to previous firmware (original), if it is, please tell me how to do it and where to get this original firmware?

Thanks
Gregor

Post #1, Jan 10, 2005 10:26:54

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Ballen ­ Photo
Joined Nov 2003
18,720 posts
Southern Nevada
[MORE/SHARE]

grapar wrote:
I have digital camera G5 with serious problems with power. Camera is not responding when i try to swich it on. After multiple atempts to reinsert batery and press power On switch (left or right) camera sometimes switches on, but it can take 10 or more times (removing and inserting the battery) to respond.
What do you think could be wrong with my camera? When turned on, it istarts working OK, but after several minutes it loses power and shuts down, sometimes with objective (lens) pulled out. I think that the problem has something to do with power.
I tryed with fully charged battery from another G5, but it didnt make much difference. I am intending to take the camera to service.
Is it possible that something is wrong with firmware? I have instaled version 2.0.0.0. Is it possible to restore it to previous firmware (original), if it is, please tell me how to do it and where to get this original firmware?

Thanks
Gregor

Gregor, I'm certainly no expert, but from your description, it sounds like your battery is not making good contact. :shock:
You might try cleaning the contacts with an eraser on a pencil. It will reach inside the battery compartment(Clean the contacts on the battery too). Also, make sure none of the contacts are bent or lower than the rest.
Good luck with this problem.
-Bruce

Post #2, Jan 10, 2005 10:48:26

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:
http://c.24zero.comexternal link

grapar
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
Joined Jan 2005
2 posts
Ljubljana
[MORE/SHARE]

Ballen Photo wrote:
Gregor, I'm certainly no expert, but from your description, it sounds like your battery is not making good contact. :shock:
You might try cleaning the contacts with an eraser on a pencil. It will reach inside the battery compartment(Clean the contacts on the battery too). Also, make sure none of the contacts are bent or lower than the rest.
Good luck with this problem.
-Bruce

I tried like you sad, but it's not working!
Thanks, Gregor

Post #3, Jan 11, 2005 14:16:32 as a reply to Ballen Photo's post 1 day earlier.

jaysmith
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2004
5 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I have this exact same problem, it just started after using the camera for 11 months with no problems. Did you solve the problem, I would love to know if you fixed it or not.
Many thanks

Post #4, Mar 01, 2005 14:15:10

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,699 views & 0 likes for this thread
Power-On problems with G5
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES