Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 13 Jan 2005 (Thursday) 08:54
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: Photography Books

Erik ­ Castillo
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Jul 2014
Jul 28, 2014 10:00 as a reply to post 17046352 |  #436

I particularly liked "Photography" - (10th Edition) by Barbara London. (Apologies if this book has already been talked and/or posted about.)

It's a really great book, and I got it as a freshman in a photography college. It was a great introduction and I found the concepts were easy to understand and I really grasped on to the concepts fairly quickly. I'm sure there are newer versions of the book (I haven't checked.) I definitely recommend this book for anyone but personally as a beginner I found this been really great and amazingly helpful.

erikcastillophotograph​y.tumblr.com

sponsored links
kellyherverde
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Aug 2014
Dubai Media City
Aug 26, 2014 12:33 |  #437

Good list ..... One must follow them to become successful in photography

sergiobejo
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Aug 2014
Aug 29, 2014 13:45 |  #438

farmer1957 wrote in post #17046352external link
I do not know if this book as been mentioned or not, this book has helped me more then any other book on lighting for photography.

The title is called Light Science and Magic...............

Farmer

It is one of my favourite books

Moto4SK
28 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Austin Texas
Dec 20, 2015 17:20 |  #439

Just walked into Half Price Books here in Austin. Purchased my first three photography books. .....
1) Michael Freemans's Digital Photography Handbook
2)Understanding Exposure -Revised Edition by Bryan Peterson
3) Night and Low Light Photography - Updated Edition by Lee Frost

I belive one of these was on our POTN recommended list. So for $19.00 and being very new to really learning / understanding I'm excited to get home and start reading up....:-)
Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcomed.

ckiekens
Hatchling
Joined Sep 2014
Mar 30, 2016 19:10 |  #440

Hi there,

Thank you for the list, I look forward to checking some of these out. Does anyone have any suggestions for anything that has come out recently?

Thanks for your time.

Chris

rosh4u
44 posts
Joined Jun 2017
Surat, India
Jun 12, 2017 23:52 |  #441

Hello,

I read books from author John Hedgcoe and Davis (Phil) which is really helpful for me as beginner in which the description about How To has been mentioned perfectly and also helpful for the newbie. So referring this book can help you surely.

Soujiro
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Jun 2017
Jun 25, 2017 09:18 |  #442

I recommend this book for understanding color spaces and color management (external link). I am a total beginner and this is the ony that got me registered to this forum:

sponsored links

241,430 views & 1 like for this thread
Photography Books
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.