Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 23 Jul 2008 (Wednesday) 21:16
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Lightroom 1.4 -- Stacks not working

mattograph
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Louisville, KY
Jul 23, 2008 21:16 |  #1

Learning Lightroom, and for some reason, I cannot get the stacks to work. I select a number of photos, hit command G, and nothing happens........

Any thoughts?

This space for rent.

sponsored links
In2Photos
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005
Near Charlotte, NC.
Jul 23, 2008 21:20 |  #2

mattograph wrote in post #5972109external link
Learning Lightroom, and for some reason, I cannot get the stacks to work. I select a number of photos, hit command G, and nothing happens........

Any thoughts?

Are you trying to stack images across folders? You can only stack images within one folder.

Mike, The Keeper of the Archive

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttp://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

mattograph
THREAD ­ STARTER
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Louisville, KY
Jul 23, 2008 21:24 |  #3

They are all in the same collection... should that work?

This space for rent.

eddarr
There's Moderators under there....
8,907 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Las Vegas
Jul 23, 2008 21:34 |  #4

You can't be in a collection. You have to be in the folder.

Eric

mattograph
THREAD ­ STARTER
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Louisville, KY
Jul 23, 2008 21:43 |  #5

Bingo!

So, if I set the stacks in the folders, will they also be applied to the appropriate collection?

This space for rent.

eddarr
There's Moderators under there....
8,907 posts
Joined Aug 2007
Las Vegas
Jul 23, 2008 21:48 |  #6

I believe that where ever the top photo in the stack is you will be able to expand the stack.

Eric

mattograph
THREAD ­ STARTER
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Louisville, KY
Jul 23, 2008 21:54 |  #7

eddarr wrote in post #5972322external link
I believe that where ever the top photo in the stack is you will be able to expand the stack.

I will give it a shot. Thanks!

This space for rent.

Irreverent
393 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Devon, UK
Jul 24, 2008 10:17 |  #8

This is one of the most confusing things I found about Lightroom, and I feel there's definitely room for improvement in their implementation. I understand *why* stacks only work across folders, but my own workflow finds me in collections so often that I become frustrated when I hit S and nothing happens. Even if they only allowed the stacking and unstacking of images from the folder, it would still be nice to hide and show any photos in a collection that reside within the same folder and are stacked. Maybe in a future update......

mattograph
THREAD ­ STARTER
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Louisville, KY
Jul 24, 2008 11:25 |  #9

Irreverent wrote in post #5975292external link
This is one of the most confusing things I found about Lightroom, and I feel there's definitely room for improvement in their implementation. I understand *why* stacks only work across folders, but my own workflow finds me in collections so often that I become frustrated when I hit S and nothing happens. Even if they only allowed the stacking and unstacking of images from the folder, it would still be nice to hide and show any photos in a collection that reside within the same folder and are stacked. Maybe in a future update......

I wholeheartedly agree.

This space for rent.

sponsored links

532 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 1.4 -- Stacks not working
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.