Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Marketplace' section > Classifieds: Services Needed
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th of July 2008 (Fri)   #1
jdilldesigns

Default Need a nightlife photographer SOUTHERN CALI

Looking to hire a few photographers in the nightlife industry ASAP. All my work is mainly in the OC, LONG BEACH, LOS ANGLES OR HOLLYWOOD. 18+ and 21+

Business is starting to pick up a lot, I have hired a few photographers but still not having any luck with any of them. If anyone is interested please call me or email or AIM me. Check out my website or myspace to see my work or music artist I have worked with.

Jonathan
AIM: bobo920
www.mirror-imaging.net
www.myspace.com/mirror_imaging
jdilldesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 26th of July 2008 (Sat)   #2
SillyGuy

Default Re: Need a nightlife photographer SOUTHERN CALI

Hi Jonathan, i sent you an AIM message.

hit me back when you can!

thanks.
ning
SillyGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th of July 2008 (Sat)   #3
mrerico
Goldmember

I sent you an AIM message as well
mrerico is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of July 2008 (Sun)   #4
Bubble
User is banned from forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdilldesigns View Post

Business is starting to pick up a lot, I have hired a few photographers but still not having any luck with any of them.
because the pay wasn't good or what happen?
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of July 2008 (Wed)   #5
Josh V

Sent you an Email
Josh V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th of August 2008 (Sun)   #6
jdilldesigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
because the pay wasn't good or what happen?
Actually to be honest, out of all the media services business in my area, I pay the most. Photographers arent working out because they arent doing their job correctly, a lot of people talk say how they can do this do that, when it comes down to it......
Old 21st of August 2008 (Thu)   #7
Anh Nguyen

This guy is a joke... One second he tells you he pays you 125 a night per club and then right before you go out to shoot, he tells you 100. Also, he basically wants you to shoot for free the first two times which was not agreed upon with initially talking to him.. Good luck working with this hack.. I only considered it to add additional income.. Dont believe him and he tries to feel important when he takes pictures of celebrities in clubs.. and he claims he works in a club when he shoots on picture. If you actually go out to a club to shoot, you will soon find out they are second rate clubs who would be desperate for anyone to shoot them and make them feel important..If you wanna see celebrities, google my name and look at my work...

There are better and reputable companies out there, i.e. Pubdistrict, Napkin Nights, and so on..

Good luck to everyone else..

Anh

70-200 2.8, 580EX II, 50 1.8, 17-50 2.8

Last edited by Anh Nguyen : 21st of August 2008 (Thu) at 12:55.
Anh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th of August 2008 (Thu)   #8
jdilldesigns

I thought I would reply back to this thread,

I made a error and didn't explain things clearly to him, majority of the time we would talk would be when I was in a rush or busy. I tried to explain to him what I meant.

Now as working for free.. your completely right.. one time you work with me so I can explain what I'm looking for, settings etc.. the next time is to see if you how you do working by your self, if you listen to any of the things I ask for, and to see if you actually do your job or not. I have a total of 5 photographers working for me at the moment, and they all started the same way. And to be honest 2 of them I found on this forum and are my best photographers.

As for as I thinking I feeling special cause I've taken pictures of these famous artist? Never said that.. but I do feel respected by clients because they pay these artist $20,000-60,000 to come perform at their club, and they hire me to do the media coverage for their events that these artist perform at.
Old 27th of September 2008 (Sat)   #9
turbodude
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh Nguyen View Post
Also, he basically wants you to shoot for free the first two times which was not agreed upon with initially talking to him..

this is industry standard, its what i call a test shoots, i do this for everyone i plan on hiring as well, and im no hack.

jdilldesigns:
Ill be in LA october 12-14 if you want me to see how i shoot. Ill be at the Mayan on oct 13th shooting Pendulum.
turbodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of September 2008 (Sat)   #10
Anh Nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdilldesigns View Post
I thought I would reply back to this thread,

I made a error and didn't explain things clearly to him, majority of the time we would talk would be when I was in a rush or busy. I tried to explain to him what I meant. We spoke for at least a month and a half and like I said, the night before changed the terms i.e. pay and I guess what you would call an "interview."

Now as working for free.. your completely right.. one time you work with me so I can explain what I'm looking for, settings etc.. the next time is to see if you how you do working by your self, if you listen to any of the things I ask for, and to see if you actually do your job or not. I have a total of 5 photographers working for me at the moment, and they all started the same way. And to be honest 2 of them I found on this forum and are my best photographers. If you wanted to have them work for you twice, mention it before hand and not change it the night before a gig along with the payment.

As for as I thinking I feeling special cause I've taken pictures of these famous artist? Never said that.. but I do feel respected by clients because they pay these artist $20,000-60,000 to come perform at their club, and they hire me to do the media coverage for their events that these artist perform at.
Sorry but when I called you out, you tried to act like you were some hot shot sending photos of celebrities in a club.. Sorry but I have seen the artists you shot and they are only there to club. If they were to perform, they are paid more and phtoographers who shoot clubs dont have any media coverage. They are just there to shoot a club.

Old 27th of September 2008 (Sat)   #11
Anh Nguyen

If it was an industry standard, I would think it would have been discussed before hand and not after a month of conversing and especially not the night before.. Again, like I said... Have fun.. Check out his website.. I bet anything its not even up.. Good luck!! Oh I will have the conversation posted here and you can be the judge how big of a bull****ter this guy is.. Also just found out I have direct in contact with owners and GMs of real clubs in LA. Once I put word out, you will see what happens and I will start my own legit nightlife photography business....

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
this is industry standard, its what i call a test shoots, i do this for everyone i plan on hiring as well, and im no hack.

jdilldesigns:
Ill be in LA october 12-14 if you want me to see how i shoot. Ill be at the Mayan on oct 13th shooting Pendulum.

Last edited by Anh Nguyen : 27th of September 2008 (Sat) at 23:23.