Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental
Thread started 26 Jul 2008 (Saturday) 23:13
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Brings back memories of my childhood.

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Jul 26, 2008 23:13 |  #1

Couldn't afford these toys back when I was younger. Now that I can, I'm too old to play with them. :D Some taken w/ the 17-55/2.8, others taken with the 100/2.8macro. Just finished placing the decals on one of them today and thought I'd take some pics.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
PhotoJourno
High Plains Chimper
5,596 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Lago, CA
Jul 26, 2008 23:16 |  #2

Wow... Robotech?.. I used to love that show.I was growing out of cartoons back then, so I sort of watched it secretly, he he. Nice Photos!.. The first one I liked a lot (with the background).Thanks for sharing.

Mario "MJ" Gravina

"I feel crampy today.." -Abraham Lincoln
"Ow ow you are on my hair!" -Joan of Arc

JCH77Yanks
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
BKNY
Jul 26, 2008 23:21 |  #3

I remember when Transformers hijacked that Robotech aircraft and called it "Jetfire"...
Man, I miss the 80's sometimes!

Joe Halliday
7D | XT | 10-22 | 24-105 f/4L | 28 1.8 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 580EXII | 430EXII | 430EX | Flickrexternal link| 500pxexternal link |
Dial "M" for Manual.

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Jul 26, 2008 23:27 |  #4

Hehe, yeah... I felt the same way when Transformer jacked the Veritech. Because the onscreen "Jetfire" looked nothing like the toy.

Here's another. It took me a couple of years to finally track down box #1 to complete my collection. (I have 2 Skull Leaders which is why one is on display.) I'm only missing box A, but that's just the "fast-pack" add-ons. Someday when I'm feeling more spendy.

Thanks for browsing.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

PhotoJourno
High Plains Chimper
5,596 posts
Joined Mar 2006
Lago, CA
Jul 26, 2008 23:27 |  #5

JCH77Yanks wrote in post #5991350external link
I remember when Transformers hijacked that Robotech aircraft and called it "Jetfire"...Man, I miss the 80's sometimes!

**I always wished I had grown up during the 60s, but frankly I did not get it so bad with the 80s either. It was a good -yet groovy in a very glowish- sort of way.I remember watching only two waves of Robotech. First one was a big war, with the big spaceships which were based in space or something like that. Second one was like their kids I believe, with funky motorcycles or what not??.. But then it started spawning off of the main story -sorry, I am a simple man, Tom&Jerry style- and so I remember stopping then.

Mario "MJ" Gravina

"I feel crampy today.." -Abraham Lincoln
"Ow ow you are on my hair!" -Joan of Arc

JCH77Yanks
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2007
BKNY
Jul 27, 2008 00:11 |  #6

PhotoJourno wrote in post #5991392external link
... But then it started spawning off of the main story -sorry, I am a simple man, Tom&Jerry style- and so I remember stopping then.

Yeah - that's what I never liked about the X-Men comics... way too many spinoffs. Wolverine stands alone, though. Getting back to Robotech, I remember I had a model of a giant robot that thad an aircraft carrier for one arm, and some kind of cargo/transport ship for the other. That thing was cool!

Joe Halliday
7D | XT | 10-22 | 24-105 f/4L | 28 1.8 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 580EXII | 430EXII | 430EX | Flickrexternal link| 500pxexternal link |
Dial "M" for Manual.

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Jul 27, 2008 03:11 |  #7

You had SDF-1? Sonnuva... I am green w/ envy.

Julian

roentarre
Goldmember
1,130 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Jul 27, 2008 08:10 |  #8

Wow, impressive!

Flickr (external link)

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
9,968 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Jul 27, 2008 12:58 as a reply to roentarre's post |  #9

I had one and it used to be made of dye cast metal. :)

One Imaging Photographyexternal link and my Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

sponsored links

1,272 views & 0 likes for this thread
Brings back memories of my childhood.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.