Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The Business of Photography
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th of July 2008 (Sun)   #1
Sanja

Default Photographing 21st Birthday Party

I need your help everybody.... I have been doing photography for the past few years but it's only been very strong interest/hobby of mine . I have done few birthday parties for friends and other special occasions like christenings but only for friends and family. Only today I have been asked if I would like to photograph 21 Birthday party (girl's partner want to get photographer for the party as a surprise). If somebody can help me with the pricing it would be great. Only information I have been given is that they want photographer for 3 hours and want me to make 3 different packages for them. One of them they want about 70-100 photos presented in an album and other packages they want more photos and few enlargements. If you have any idea for me to how to present this information I will appreciate it.

Also I weill mention that I own 400d canon (twin kit lenses, 480ex and a 50mm 1.8) and an olympus E-410.

Please be kind and help me out with this one. Thanks a lot
Sanja is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of July 2008 (Sun)   #2
Vascilli

Default Re: Photographing 21st Birthday Party

Let me first recommend you to get a better zoom. Tamron 17-50 shouldn't break the budget and is nice and fast.
Vascilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of July 2008 (Sun)   #3
Sanja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vascilli View Post
Let me first recommend you to get a better zoom. Tamron 17-50 shouldn't break the budget and is nice and fast.
Can look into it but I can get it as quick as I would like it unfortunately. I am not on my computer at the moment so I can't send you any of my work with the lenses I got. I will try and post some photos in a few days time.
Sanja is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of July 2008 (Sun)   #4
basroil
Cream of the Crop

The lenses you have should be fine, especially since you'll be shooting flash anyway (from the looks of it). Not really sure what the going rate for birthday photography is, haven't really heard of anyone doing it before.
I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List
basroil is offline   Reply With Quote