Photographing 21st Birthday Party

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 27 Jul 2008 (Sunday) 23:14   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

Sanja
Joined May 2008
47 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I need your help everybody.... :) I have been doing photography for the past few years but it's only been very strong interest/hobby of mine . I have done few birthday parties for friends and other special occasions like christenings but only for friends and family. Only today I have been asked if I would like to photograph 21 Birthday party (girl's partner want to get photographer for the party as a surprise). If somebody can help me with the pricing it would be great. Only information I have been given is that they want photographer for 3 hours and want me to make 3 different packages for them. One of them they want about 70-100 photos presented in an album and other packages they want more photos and few enlargements. If you have any idea for me to how to present this information I will appreciate it.

Also I weill mention that I own 400d canon (twin kit lenses, 480ex and a 50mm 1.8) and an olympus E-410.

Please be kind and help me out with this one. Thanks a lot

Post #1, Jul 27, 2008 23:14:29

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Vascilli
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2008
1,474 posts
Calgary
[MORE/SHARE]

Let me first recommend you to get a better zoom. Tamron 17-50 shouldn't break the budget and is nice and fast.

Post #2, Jul 27, 2008 23:40:28

Flickrexternal link | Gear List

Sanja
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2008
47 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Vascilli wrote in post #5997407external link
Let me first recommend you to get a better zoom. Tamron 17-50 shouldn't break the budget and is nice and fast.

Can look into it but I can get it as quick as I would like it unfortunately. I am not on my computer at the moment so I can't send you any of my work with the lenses I got. I will try and post some photos in a few days time.

Post #3, Jul 27, 2008 23:49:01

basroil
Cream of the Crop
Joined Mar 2006
8,015 posts
STL/Clayton, MO| NJ
[MORE/SHARE]

The lenses you have should be fine, especially since you'll be shooting flash anyway (from the looks of it). Not really sure what the going rate for birthday photography is, haven't really heard of anyone doing it before.

Post #4, Jul 27, 2008 23:55:23

I don't hate macs or OSX, I hate people and statements that portray them as better than anything else. Macs are A solution, not THE solution. Get a good desktop i7 with Windows 7 and come tell me that sucks for photo or video editing.
Gear List

LIST NEARBY THREADS
993 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photographing 21st Birthday Party
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES