"The simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as the precise organization of forms which gives that event its proper expression... . In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotif." — Henri Cartier-Bresson
Challenge #62 -- "Decisive Moment"
Show me your best decisive moment. That is the moment available in every image where the subjects and actions come together to form the best composition. There are no limits to the style of entries, but I will say that having aspects of humanity (either people or their remnants) in the shot is expected. It is not limited to classic street photography but typically things like landscapes are not associated with this concept.
For many examples, reference the free e-book here:
This comp is all about having a bit of fun. Be creative and give it your best shot!
Posting will end at 9pm PST Thursday August 7th, 2008 and Winners will be announced
as soon as possible after the contest has closed.
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm PST Thursday August 7th, 2008
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.