A "Shadow" is an area, where direct light from a light source can not reach due to obstruction by an object. It occupies all of the space behind an opaque object with light in front of it. The cross section of a shadow is a two-dimensional silhouette, or reverse projection of the object blocking the light.
I love contrast, and would enjoy seeing how you would showcase your photo within shadows.
This comp is all about having a bit of fun. Be creative and give it your best shot!
Posting will end at 9pm PST Thursday August 14th, 2008 and Winners will be announced
as soon as possible after the contest has closed.
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm PST Thursday August 14th, 2008
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.