Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > People
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th of January 2005 (Mon)   #1
amitnike

Default India.. pic of hardwork and faith

hello all... dnt know what to name put in title.. well was on drive to one of the famous forts nearby and came across this old man carrying water in 2 vessels with small kid ( maybe his grandkid .. ) walking on the dirt road.... thr are places where people have to walk for many miles jus to fetch water. this is what rural India is all about .. we with all our urban luxurys tend to forget this side of hard life quite easily... god bless em all,

this is at a small temple atop a hill called bhandara moutain..legends has it that emperror shivaji stopped here on route back home from his victory at shiveneri fort and asked saint tukaram ( the one in the idol) for food as he was hungry .. the saint being poor man didnt want to say no to his the king.. he jus prayed and covered the food vessels with cloth and began serving food .. as the legend goes the food never finished and the entire army was fed .. bhandara in local marathi lanquage means jus tht ... mass feeding... guess its all FAITH. This pic shows the place where the saint prayed and wrote bhajans( holy songs )..and a devotee who stands thr all day playing the stringed instrument called tambura..chanting the name of LORD.

theview from the top of the mountain..will post in landscapes too.

http://www.geocities.com/amitnike/di...lgntrip/t3.jpg

comments are welcome and needed as always ..
Canon EOS 550D kit lens 18-55 and EF 55- 250mm
I still belive in santa..
amitnike is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of January 2005 (Mon)   #2
dewmuw
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: India.. pic of hardwork and faith

Yep. We go to the tap and turn it on and there is water. It is only when the water doesn't come that we realise how blessed we are.

I like the images, although the first is a little dark.
dewmuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of January 2005 (Mon)   #3
amitnike

yes its dark.. was in the car and didnt have time to set my cam.. it was on manual and hig speed .. wud have missed thepic if i had spent time adjusting the settings ..

thanks for comments though.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of January 2005 (Mon)   #4
Raj
Goldmember

Just changing metering mode to spot may have helped in case of first one i guess.... You can try fixing it in PS, dnt know how effective it will be.
1DX, 5D, 20D with BG E2, Sigma EX DG 8mm F3.5 Circular Fish Eye, EF 15 mm f2.8 fish eye, EFS 10-22 mm f3.5-4.5, EF 24-70 F2.8 L mark ii, EF 24-105 f4 L IS, EF 16-35 f2.8 L , Sigma 35mm f1.4 A, 50 f1.8 mkII, 50 mm F1.2 L, EF f85mm 1.8, EF 100 f2.8 macro, EF 135 F2 L, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 EX HSM, EF 70-200 f2.8 L, IS USM mark ii, EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS, Sigma 18-125 f3.5-5.6 DC, APO 1.4x, G3, Cheapy Velbon Sherpa 435, Slick Carbon Fiber, Speedlite 430EX and 580EX with stofen OM-EW
Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of January 2005 (Tue)   #5
johnellisphotography

Wow, it must be amazing to get to see life in such contrast to most of our own. The stories and images remind me of a James Natchwey type of reportage. I hope you are not offended but I converted those images to black and white to get to see more of the detail in them and Ive posted them below. Ill remove if you'd like. Thanks for posting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t1 copy.jpg (52.1 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg t2 copy.jpg (60.0 KB, 102 views)
johnellisphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of January 2005 (Tue)   #6
johnellisphotography

Also, here is a neutralized version of the first pic. If anybody is intersted in a photoshop action to salvage ultra-high contrast images like the top one without blowing the highlights, I'd be happy to share. thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t1 copyColor.jpg (46.9 KB, 99 views)
johnellisphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of January 2005 (Tue)   #7
amitnike

Thanks a lot guys ... John..yes i ddi try tht one but i didnt like the grains i saw on my monitor .( dnt have ps .. using acdc ).n m not offenbded at all .. thanks for taking time to see if u cud improve my pics .... the bnw looks cool .. ithe 1st one is actaully a pano shot ... 1 of upper ceiling and the other of the lower part .. didnt even realise till ;later tht it was pano i had shot .. trust me raj didnt have time to set anything ... they were jus thr .. and had to be clicked ..

thanks again
Old 25th of January 2005 (Tue)   #8
amitnike

Default wrked in PS

i played arnd in PS a bit .. lucky i got myoffice machine at home tonite ... guess its a bot brighter then my original posted image
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t1_1.jpg (41.5 KB, 69 views)