Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 25 Jan 2005 (Tuesday) 16:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cable releases for EOS cameras

Orogeny
962 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Aug 2003

Jan 25, 2005 16:08 |  #1

I just received a remote cable release for my DRebel from this outfit in China. Total cost including shipping was $12.95 (USD) and the thing works great! Here is the link to their e-bay store. They have releases for all four digital EOS models.

http://stores.ebay.com …y_W0QQsspagenam​eZl2QQtZkm (external link)

Tim

There's someone in my head, but it's not me! - Roger Waters

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/orogeny/ (external link)

sponsored links
Bodryn
446 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Jan 25, 2005 19:33 |  #2

That's a must have! Wish I could use one on my Canon A70 and S1 IS. I have several of these for my 35mm cams. Have used often for night time exposures.

Bodryn ========
Canon A540; A720 IS; S5 IS; SX20 IS; Pentax *istDS + lots of lenses; Jasc PSP v.9;
"Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Eric ­ DeCastro
355 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 25, 2005 19:45 |  #3

i can see the 10D and 20D users getting that but you can get a canon version for your rebel for the same cost with shipping from ritz camera.

ric@importculture.com (external link)
www.ImportCulture.com (external link)
www.BabeBlvd.com
4-500MML f/1.8 IS USM

Orogeny
THREAD ­ STARTER
962 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Jan 26, 2005 07:29 as a reply to  @ Eric DeCastro's post |  #4

Eric DeCastro wrote:
i can see the 10D and 20D users getting that but you can get a canon version for your rebel for the same cost with shipping from ritz camera.

The Canon RS-60E3 from Ritz is $26 before tax.

Tim

Hellashot
Goldmember
4,617 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Jan 26, 2005 10:14 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

Why spend your money in other countries? Use it to support our economy, not others.

5D, Drebel, EOS-3, K1000
lenses from 12mm-500mm

Orogeny
THREAD ­ STARTER
962 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Jan 26, 2005 10:50 as a reply to  @ Hellashot's post |  #6

Hellashot wrote:
Why spend your money in other countries? Use it to support our economy, not others.

Where is your camera, lenses and battery grip made?

Tim

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 26, 2005 10:51 as a reply to  @ Hellashot's post |  #7

Hellashot wrote:

I look forward to seeing you at the Argus Digital C3 forums then . . . And I think you can do more for spending at home if you don't spend more than you need to on things made outside your particular homeland. Even Canon's remote releases for the D60/10D/20D are made in Asia. So spend half as much for the overseas product (without a locally-made equivalent) and use the difference on something that originates locally.

Remember, this is an international forum, hosted in Finland and with members from all over Europe, Asia, North and South America, Australia. I don't recall seeing anyone claiming either Africa (but I might have missed it) or Antarctica as residence.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Eric ­ DeCastro
355 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 26, 2005 13:10 as a reply to  @ Orogeny's post |  #8

Orogeny wrote:
The Canon RS-60E3 from Ritz is $26 before tax.

Tim

with the $10 price difference I would much rather have the canaon version. I was thining about getting that one, but I would much rather get the TC much better value then the chinese version.

happy shooting.

www.BabeBlvd.com
4-500MML f/1.8 IS USM

RichardtheSane
Goldmember
3,011 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Jan 26, 2005 14:23 as a reply to  @ Jon's post |  #9

Jon wrote:
I don't recall seeing anyone claiming either Africa (but I might have missed it) or Antarctica as residence.

I know there is someone from south africa who has posted in the past....

If in doubt, I shut up...

Gear: 40D, 12-24mm AT-X Pro, 17-85mm, Sigma 150mm Macro Sigma 100-300 F4, 550EX, other stuff that probably helps me on my way.

Hellashot
Goldmember
4,617 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Jan 26, 2005 16:43 as a reply to  @ Jon's post |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

Jon wrote:
I look forward to seeing you at the Argus Digital C3 forums then . . . And I think you can do more for spending at home if you don't spend more than you need to on things made outside your particular homeland. Even Canon's remote releases for the D60/10D/20D are made in Asia. So spend half as much for the overseas product (without a locally-made equivalent) and use the difference on something that originates locally.

Remember, this is an international forum, hosted in Finland and with members from all over Europe, Asia, North and South America, Australia. I don't recall seeing anyone claiming either Africa (but I might have missed it) or Antarctica as residence.

That was not my point. I was not trying to make a point about buying forgeing made products. My point was buying a simple cable release from a company outside the usa. I was assuming, as we all probably are, that the cable release bought was Canon's model. Unfortunately more and more things are being manufacturered overseas.

5D, Drebel, EOS-3, K1000
lenses from 12mm-500mm

dr.bear
43 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Jan 26, 2005 19:08 |  #11

Outsourcing my friend.

Hellashot
Goldmember
4,617 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Jan 26, 2005 19:23 as a reply to  @ dr.bear's post |  #12
bannedPermanent ban

dr.bear wrote:
Outsourcing my friend.

AKA VERY cheap labor so company executives can still earn millions a piece.

5D, Drebel, EOS-3, K1000
lenses from 12mm-500mm

Persian-Rice
Goldmember
1,522 posts
Joined Apr 2004

Jan 26, 2005 19:56 |  #13

I have one for the 10D, it's as good as the Canon one but less then half the price.
Its just a ****ty shutter release not worth arguing over, if you think about, both are made of really cheap materials that don't cost anything to build. I bet the Canon one costs in the area of about a buck, probably alot cheaper. Eitherway, you are getting the same simple wire with a button hooked to it encased in cheap plastic.

IMHO, there are things that are worth fussing over and things that are not. Looking at a body or lens where lots of research and skill is required to build it, it matters, but not for somthing you could make yourself after a visit to Home Depot. Put it this way, go buy a Canon one if you want, but also know you coulda also got a grey card or a small uv in that deal.

Eric ­ DeCastro
355 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 26, 2005 19:59 as a reply to  @ Persian-Rice's post |  #14

Persian-Rice wrote:
I have one for the 10D, it's as good as the Canon one but less then half the price.
Its just a ****ty shutter release not worth arguing over, if you think about, both are made of really cheap materials that don't cost anything to build. I bet the Canon one costs in the area of about a buck, probably alot cheaper. Eitherway, you are getting the same simple wire with a button hooked to it encased in cheap plastic.

IMHO, there are things that are worth fussing over and things that are not. Looking at a body or lens where lots of research and skill is required to build it, it matters, but not for somthing you could make yourself after a visit to Home Depot. Put it this way, go buy a Canon one if you want, but also know you coulda also got a grey card or a small uv in that deal.

there is a difference in price between the drebel cord and 10D cord. the 10D and 20D i would get the chinese version. if I don't want the TC version. now the drebel version is about 25 bucks as stated before. to me I rather jsut get it from ritz esp if i think it's not worth it to keep it, just return it. or any millions of reasons. to me, that is just being cheap. the 10D and 20D version is about 50 bucks which makes it worth buying the chinese version. that is all I was saying.

www.BabeBlvd.com
4-500MML f/1.8 IS USM

MrChad
Goldmember
2,815 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Jan 26, 2005 20:05 as a reply to  @ Eric DeCastro's post |  #15

How different is the shutter release cable from the RC remote?

I love the remote I use it to fire my SLR's on tripods all the time.
It works with mirror lock up on my Elan too.

I kaNt sPeL...
[Gear List]

sponsored links

2,882 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cable releases for EOS cameras
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.