Challenge # 66 Selective Color
(Shamelessly borrowed from Wikipedia...)
"Selective color is a post-processing technique where most of a photo is converted to black and white, but some parts are left in color. A common application for selective color is portraiture, to keep the eyes and sometimes the lips in color, against an otherwise black and white photograph. Small bits of color in an otherwise monochrome image immediately draw the viewer's eye. Landscape photography is another common application for this technique. Colorful leaves in an otherwise drab scene can breathe life into a photo."
I've taken a few ho-hum pics and by using selective color, made them interesting. Here is one sample:
Have at it gang...and have fun with it!
This comp is all about having a bit of fun. Be creative and give it your best shot! Posting will end at 9pm CST Tuesday, September 9th, 2008 and Winners will be announced as soon as possible after the contest has closed.
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm CST Tuesday September 9th, 2008
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.