POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #1 - Speed
Speed seems an obvious topic for our first Speed Challenge (named for taking just one week). It can be motion or stop-motion but it should illustrate movement..
Please read the rules and avoid odd sizes, borders, more than one photo, etc.
To submit, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Sunday midnight GMT, 13 February 2005.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
If your photo does not meet the rules (for example, for size), the host can send you a Private Message. If you have this feature turned off, no one can warn you and it will not be considered. You can turn this on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
1. Camera -- photos must be taken with a Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS. Odd-sized photos ineligible.
4. Post-Processing -- whatever you like; host will decide whether it works.
5. Posting --
- ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
- Photo Name in the message subject line.
- Camera model.
1. The challenge host is the winner of the last challenge.
2. Choose a topic and list any special rules.
3. Post a photo if you like, but do not choose it as the winner.
4. Post the topic in a thread with this title: “POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #X - Topic.”
5. At the end of competition, choose a Winner and two Runners-up and explain why the photos were selected.
6. Put these at the end of the thread titled “POTN G-Series Speed Challenge Winners.”
7. Winner starts with Rule #1 above.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... Tuesday by midnight GMT.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Sunday midnight GMT
- Winner Announcement ... Monday by midnight GMT.
Believing that any action is better than inaction, I decided to get this challenge going. If you'd like to know why I decided on these rules, my rationale is here...
The rules can still be discussed and modified for future challenges, so if you have an opinion, please express it in the other thread. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the challenge.