Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation
Thread started 22 Sep 2008 (Monday) 21:53
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Honda NSX-R

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Sep 22, 2008 21:53 |  #1

Took my car into the dealership for some servicing and ran into this little delight. It's not a terribly fancy vehicle but my lack of photographic skills certainly didn't do it justice.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

I'd like to blame overcast skies and limited angles, but I'm sure somebody more skillful could've done much better.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
RadAL
Cream of the Crop
9,633 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Spanish Fort, AL
Sep 22, 2008 23:16 |  #2

awesome, is that from florida in california?

Equipment: Canon PowerShot A650IS (semi retired) and Canon Powershot G10 (primary) and Rebel XT 350D w/18-55mm kit lens and Quanterey 18-200mm-- www.youtube.com/alexan​der1485external link (has links to some of my pictures on the main page)

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Sep 22, 2008 23:22 |  #3

Yeah. Not sure why this vehicle was in California. I asked the service manager if the owner was around so I could ask for permission to take some photos of his/her car. Service manager said the owner's not around. The car was shipped there to do some engine work. But the service manager said he doesn't think it'd be a problem to take photos. :)

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

RadAL
Cream of the Crop
9,633 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Spanish Fort, AL
Sep 22, 2008 23:43 |  #4

wonder if I'll ever see it, either way, I love the angled 3/4 shots :)

Equipment: Canon PowerShot A650IS (semi retired) and Canon Powershot G10 (primary) and Rebel XT 350D w/18-55mm kit lens and Quanterey 18-200mm-- www.youtube.com/alexan​der1485external link (has links to some of my pictures on the main page)

n1nj4 ­ m0d3
578 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Seattle Area
Sep 23, 2008 03:43 |  #5

i'm pretty sure that one is a replica nsx-r since no nsx-r's were available for the US market (left hand side drive).

http://en.wikipedia.or​g/wiki/Honda_NSXexternal link

"Second Generation NSX-R (JDM)

A second iteration of the Type-R dubbed NSX-R was released in 2002, again exclusively in Japan. The second generation NSX-R had a more aggressive rear spoiler and hood vent, along with larger yet lighter wheels to reduce weight to 1270 kg (2800 lb). The rear spoiler was said to be the largest one-piece carbon-fibre spoiler in production cars. Under the body, panels and air fences in the front along with a small rear diffuser serve to produce balanced "negative lift" or downforce."

Flickrexternal linkhttp://www.myspace.com​/2srow4uexternal link

PhotosGuy
74,876 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
Sep 23, 2008 07:24 |  #6

I'd like to blame overcast skies and limited angles, but I'm sure somebody more skillful could've done much better.

Not bad. When you can't move the car, you're pretty much stuck with what you got.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

asylumxl
Goldmember
2,306 posts
Joined Jul 2006
Stuck in an invisible box
Sep 23, 2008 09:37 |  #7

Spoon was planning to convert NSX-R to LHD...

http://jpcnews.blogspo​t.com ...hd-usdm-nsxs-to-type.htmlexternal link

I M A G E I N A T I O N
..........WEBSITEexternal link
Pixel peeping is like count the sides of a circle, pointless.

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Sep 23, 2008 14:52 |  #8

Don't know if it's a replica or not. I wouldn't be able to tell personally. But the door would suggest that he/she went to great lengths to make it look realistic, if indeed it was a replica. Maybe that little badge is easy to pop out and replace. I don't know if the Acura NSX versions had the same emblem near the door handles.

Julian

sixsixfour
Goldmember
1,781 posts
Joined May 2007
Orange County, CA
Sep 23, 2008 17:21 |  #9

very likely a replica. LHD NSX-Rs were never sold to the US market.

nice pics though.

Canon 7D / 50D / 30D / SL1 / XT

My photography-related addiction makes a crack habit look like a fiscally responsible pasttime.

NAiL05
53 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Dallas and in Carbondale for School
Sep 24, 2008 08:49 as a reply to sixsixfour's post |  #10

There were no LHD "JDM" NSX's. And I agree it's a replica. If you have one of them in the states its rare...They stopped importing JDM vehicles ever since the skyline incident with Motorex.

Canon 1DS MKIII
Canon Rebel XTi 400D
Canon 18-55mm EFS Kit Lens, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 28-135

RadAL
Cream of the Crop
9,633 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Spanish Fort, AL
Sep 24, 2008 10:53 |  #11

NAiL05 wrote in post #6370963external link
There were no LHD "JDM" NSX's. And I agree it's a replica. If you have one of them in the states its rare...They stopped importing JDM vehicles ever since the skyline incident with Motorex.

at least "officially".

cdubya
376 posts
Joined Jan 2007
VA
Sep 25, 2008 08:19 |  #12

i don't think they stopped, because my friend purchased a rhd rx7 that had been imported way after the motorex incident. not from motorex, but it is a legal car and is legit car and is registered.

www.acephoto.netexternal link - http://www.flickr.com/​photos/40000279@N02/external link
Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L USM, 50mm f/1.2L USM, 85mm f/1.2L USM II, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II, 100mm f/2.8L IS USM, EF 1.4x Extender, 2 x Speedlite 580EX II, Speedlite 430EX II, 4xPocket Wizard TT5's

cdubya
376 posts
Joined Jan 2007
VA
Sep 25, 2008 08:21 |  #13

i don't think they stopped, because my friend purchased a rhd rx7 that had been imported way after the motorex incident.
his car was not imported by motorex but another company, but it is US legal.

www.acephoto.netexternal link - http://www.flickr.com/​photos/40000279@N02/external link
Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L USM, 50mm f/1.2L USM, 85mm f/1.2L USM II, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II, 100mm f/2.8L IS USM, EF 1.4x Extender, 2 x Speedlite 580EX II, Speedlite 430EX II, 4xPocket Wizard TT5's

Irfan
131 posts
Joined Sep 2008
Columbus, OH
Sep 25, 2008 09:45 |  #14

i preferred the pop up headlights myself.. the fixed ones just dont look right to me.

BTW-- youre also a dentist?

sponsored links

2,442 views & 0 likes for this thread
Honda NSX-R
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.