Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Glamour & Nude Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th of September 2008 (Wed)   #1
Village_Idiot
GREATEST POTN MEMBER EVER

Default G&N discussion "rules"?

Is this part of the forum supposed to be purely for discussion? I don't mind popping in on the discussion part, but hitting a thread with nude photos at work would suck. I know there's a seperate photo posting thread, but what's the deal here? Is this going to remain a NSFW forum generally even though it's just for discussion?

Speedotron users, untie!
Village_Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of September 2008 (Wed)   #2
Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: G&N discussion "rules"?

I've raised your question to the mod-team and we'll hash out the specific rules and post them shortly.
Thirty-five years of shooting and still learning.
My G&N Blog (NSFW)- My Complete Gear List - Mac-Photo Website - My Tumblr Site (NSFW)
G&N FORUM EARLY ACCESS & IMAGE POSTING RULES
Mark_Cohran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th of September 2008 (Wed)   #3
shannyD
"...in too much trouble"

Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

i agree.. sometimes i would like to talk about lighting set up. and poses and such.

but i think there should be an amature side, and a pro side too. ( im not the only sap who thinks that)
shannyD is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 24th of September 2008 (Wed)   #4
Pekka
El General Moderator

I'd like to keep this open for all (both view and post). In any case I would prefer no nude images here, only discussion and refer to example photos as links only.

----------------------------
Pekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of September 2008 (Thu)   #5
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka View Post
I'd like to keep this open for all (both view and post). In any case I would prefer no nude images here, only discussion and refer to example photos as links only.
It's a grea idea. I would lvoe to see some lighting set ups.
scorpio_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of September 2008 (Thu)   #6
jbrown7815

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_e View Post
It's a grea idea. I would lvoe to see some lighting set ups.
Maybe I can get my thread stickied
Old 25th of September 2008 (Thu)   #7
TheHoff
Don't Hassle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown7815 View Post
Maybe I can get my thread stickied
If we're all sitting around talking nude as the forum says, I'm sure it won't be long.
TheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th of September 2008 (Thu)   #8
Michael_Lambert
-ColdMember-

Maybe we can make it a rule in this area to only link images? Just incase someone does want to post a example but the person has the right to open it or not depending where they are.
Michael_Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of September 2008 (Sat)   #9
Guerry Dalrymple

Question Re: G&N discussion "rules"?

What ab out those of us who don;t post on the G&N Forum? I'm sure I am not the only one to have tech questions about setup poses equipment. Are you saying unles we're pros we just have to go else whare or something? I'm not trying to start a fight as some are prone to think just asking.
Cameras 40D, XTi, 20D. Lenses: Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, 20 2.8, 60 2.8 Macro, 100 2.8 Macro, 18-55 Kit, 70-200 f4 non IS, 300 f4 IS, 400 f5.6, 600 f4 IS, Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX, 1.4 EX TC, 2X EX TC, Tamron 28-300 3.5-6.3
Guerry Dalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of September 2008 (Sat)   #10
Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerry Dalrymple View Post
What ab out those of us who don;t post on the G&N Forum? I'm sure I am not the only one to have tech questions about setup poses equipment. Are you saying unles we're pros we just have to go else whare or something? I'm not trying to start a fight as some are prone to think just asking.
Pekka's intent, as I read it, is that this is an all access forum, so you can ask questions and post lighting setups, etc., but that there should be no nude photos posted in the talk section, and any photos used for examples that are nude or glamour in nature should be linked to as opposed to attached or embedded in the post. That said, this is a discussion forum and not a photo sharing forum. If you simply want to share photos or receive or give critique, you need to follow the process to get access to the G&N Photo Sharing Forum This allows everyone to ask questions and learn.

I could see open access changing if needed to keep the comments appropriate to the subject content.

Of course, the same rules regarding commenting on the models would pertain to this forum as to the G&N Photo Sharing forum, i.e. no juvenile remarks, and comments should be kept to the photographic techniques involved with the images and setups.
My G&N Blog (NSFW)- My Complete Gear List - Mac-Photo Website - My Tumblr Site (NSFW)

Last edited by Mark_Cohran : 8th of February 2010 (Mon) at 12:00. Reason: Clarification
Old 27th of September 2008 (Sat)   #11
Guerry Dalrymple

Thanks Mark. That helps a lot. I have been working off an on, on a project I call Everyday Women. I take pictures of women, usually in their 40's and 50's who are usually not real proud of their bodies. What I try to do is find poses, angles and lighting that give a photo that they feel good and sexy about. The end result is almost always anomouous and nude or simi nude usually silouettes or confined to a portion of the body like the breasts. I have been watching the G&N forum for some time to get ideas on ways to give them pictures they are happy with. Most end up being existing light or low light so those are the ones I have most questions about. Sorry to ramble but that is why being able to ask questions without having to post photos will be a great help for me.

Thanks again
Cameras 40D, XTi, 20D. Lenses: Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, 20 2.8, 60 2.8 Macro, 100 2.8 Macro, 18-55 Kit, 70-200 f4 non IS, 300 f4 IS, 400 f5.6, 600 f4 IS, Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX, 1.4 EX TC, 2X EX TC, Tamron 28-300 3.5-6.3

Last edited by Guerry Dalrymple : 28th of September 2008 (Sun) at 12:38.
Guerry Dalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of December 2008 (Tue)   #12
Luminarex

I'm new to this site and would like to post some of the nude photos I've taken, but apparently I need 500 posts and 4 months on the site first? Kinda rough cause my main focus is in Fine Art Nudes at the moment. Why the delay for people who want to post glamour and nudes?

Luminarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of December 2008 (Tue)   #13
Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminarex View Post
I'm new to this site and would like to post some of the nude photos I've taken, but apparently I need 500 posts and 4 months on the site first? Kinda rough cause my main focus is in Fine Art Nudes at the moment. Why the delay for people who want to post glamour and nudes?
The delay is because of immaturity we've had with past participants. There is an early access process. See the link in my signature for details.
Old 16th of December 2008 (Tue)   #14
Luminarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Cohran View Post
The delay is because of immaturity we've had with past participants. There is an early access process. See the link in my signature for details.
Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

Luminarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st of December 2008 (Sun)   #15
gcobb

I waited a while for my access also. But I used that time to let style of others soak in and inspire me. 500 posts is quite a bit but worth waiting for.