Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 24 Sep 2008 (Wednesday) 09:46
Prev/next

STICKY: G&N discussion "rules"?

professorman
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009
VA
Jan 19, 2010 13:48 |  #16

Mark_Cohran wrote in post #6892424external link
The delay is because of immaturity we've had with past participants. There is an early access process. See the link in my signature for details.

How can I tell if my early access request was denied or not yet looked on?

MyGear | Feedback | facebookexternal link|My Siteexternal link|Flickrexternal link

Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop
15,623 posts
Joined Jul 2002
Portland, Oregon
Jan 19, 2010 14:47 |  #17

professorman wrote in post #9426736external link
How can I tell if my early access request was denied or not yet looked on?

There's no way to tell until the Admin in charge of that aspect of the forum responds.

Mark
-----
Some primes, some zooms, some Ls, some bodies and they all play nice together.
Forty years of shooting and still learning.
My Tumblr Site (external link) (NSFW)

professorman
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009
VA
Jan 19, 2010 15:33 |  #18

Mark_Cohran wrote in post #9427136external link
There's no way to tell until the Admin in charge of that aspect of the forum responds.

I mean, will they respond and say "admission denied" or something, so I can know to get better images and try again? Or do I just wait and wait and wait and not know?

MyGear | Feedback | facebookexternal link|My Siteexternal link|Flickrexternal link

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
20,890 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Mar 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark.
Jan 19, 2010 16:28 |  #19

professorman wrote in post #9427479external link
I mean, will they respond and say "admission denied" or something, so I can know to get better images and try again? Or do I just wait and wait and wait and not know?

The quailty of the photos is not reviewed. The only thing that is reviewed if the photos meet the requirements to be posted in the G&N forum. It would not be fair if just one person jugded if a members photos is good enough to be posted in the G&N forum. And then of course the pm is reviewed to see if all the requirements as stated in the rules are met.

Anybody that is granted access will receive a PM notification.

If you have submitted an application and have not heard anything then check the pm you sent and see if it really meet all the requirements listed in the rules for applying for early access. If it does not then it has been ignored. If you are sure the pm meets all the requirements send me a reminder. I could have forgotten it but PLEASE wait at least 2 weeks from submission time before considering sending a reminader and you have to be 100% sure your original pm included all that is asked for.

btw professorman your request is in the queue and I will probably process the queue this coming weekend.

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED

mozaa
Joined Jul 2009
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Jan 08, 2015 16:30 |  #20

sorry if this is off topic, but I just got this message in the G&N Forum, while trying to reply to my post in there the other day? is anyone else seeing this message?

REPLYING DENIED: You need 500 posts AND 90 days of membership

Sony SLTA99V | Sony VCG-C99AM | Sony HVL-F60M | Sony HVL-RL1
Sony 24-70mm F2.8 Carl Zeiss | Sony 85mm f1.4 Carl Zeiss | Sony 70-400mm f4-5.6 G2 | Sony 50mm f2.8 Macro
flickrexternal link 500PXexternal link

tb801
Joined Sep 2010
Salt Lake
Jan 08, 2015 17:09 as a reply to mozaa's post |  #21

Yes. It just showed up for me as well. I know there is a thread about it but can't find it for some reason.

Canon 5dc, Tamron 28-75mm

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,169 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Jan 08, 2015 18:05 |  #22

Try again in G&N. All is explained here: http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=17​372069

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

22,971 views & 0 likes for this thread
G&N discussion "rules"?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.