Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family
Thread started 24 Sep 2008 (Wednesday) 13:13
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

bw conversion

skeeterbug
266 posts
Joined Sep 2006
Nebraska
Sep 24, 2008 13:13 |  #1

ok I originally posted this pic in the People forum....probably should have posted it here. the 1st is the original shot - was wondering if anyone has similar shots they took with the nifty 50? The original photo has not had any PP done to it.

Also, I played around with a b/w conversion and then select color....how did I do? I normally do not convert to bw as I am not a huge fan of bw. Once in awhile a photo speaks to me to have select color.

C&C appreciated!! Thanks!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Nanaimo,B.C.
Sep 24, 2008 15:55 |  #2

First is sweet., but the focus landed on his chin instead of the eyes?second is not so sweet..the eyes ruin it.:confused:

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

skeeterbug
THREAD ­ STARTER
266 posts
Joined Sep 2006
Nebraska
Sep 25, 2008 10:01 |  #3

Thanks Flo! I wasn't so sure after I converted this either. As I said before, I am not a huge fan of bw photographs...but thought I would give it a shot. I know what you mean on the focus....I was using MF and struggling with it due to low light conditions!

NSG40D
195 posts
Joined Nov 2007
USA
Sep 25, 2008 21:33 |  #4

I'm not a big fan of colored bw's, but this might work if you take the blue down - a lot. I spend a lot of time with the 50 in Apeture Priority, so I can keep from getting all the way down to 1.4, and try to keep the ISO below 400... A StoFren (??) softener on the flash @ -2 or below might reduce the hot spots too..

EOS 7D, 40D plus primes.....

1,481 views & 0 likes for this thread
bw conversion
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.