FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk
Thread started 08 Oct 2008 (Wednesday) 17:26   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

PFDarkside
Joined Sep 2008
252 posts
Illinois
[MORE/SHARE]

As a Newbie to DSLRs and to photography in general, one of the reasons I chose to purchase now is to have a shot at the awesome fall foliage that is only a week or two away in Michigan. However, it seems like these huge, majestic views of red, yellow and orange trees tend to lose something during photography. Now, some may be the angle of the lens (wider can be better) but I think the lack of a focal point can really detract from a photo. Your eye just gets lost in the field of color.

Does anyone have any tips for making interesting landscape compositions, especially when no single focal point jumps out at you? (A barn, stream, sunray peeking through a cloud, rusted farm inplement, etc. ;)) I think it's part of that foreground, sunject, background thing I never learned about.

Post #1, Oct 08, 2008 17:26:16

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
wallybud
Taking the "Walk of Shame"
Joined Feb 2008
2,975 posts
Union, NJ. All day baby!
[MORE/SHARE]

A single grouping of trees (maybe three yellow, one green) etc. catch single leaves falling mid air with all the colorful foliage as the bokeh. climb up into a tree and shoot downward through the foliage...thats all I got so far haha ;)

Post #2, Oct 08, 2008 19:55:26

-Walt-
Life is good. Do What You Like. Like What You Do.
GEAR LIST
Take | In | Life Photographyexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
969 views & 0 likes for this thread
Landscapes, Composition, and the Impending Fall Foliage
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES