Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Nature & Landscapes Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th of October 2008 (Wed)   #1
PFDarkside

Default Landscapes, Composition, and the Impending Fall Foliage

As a Newbie to DSLRs and to photography in general, one of the reasons I chose to purchase now is to have a shot at the awesome fall foliage that is only a week or two away in Michigan. However, it seems like these huge, majestic views of red, yellow and orange trees tend to lose something during photography. Now, some may be the angle of the lens (wider can be better) but I think the lack of a focal point can really detract from a photo. Your eye just gets lost in the field of color.

Does anyone have any tips for making interesting landscape compositions, especially when no single focal point jumps out at you? (A barn, stream, sunray peeking through a cloud, rusted farm inplement, etc. ) I think it's part of that foreground, sunject, background thing I never learned about.
PFDarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 8th of October 2008 (Wed)   #2
wallybud
Taking the "Walk of Shame"

Default Re: Landscapes, Composition, and the Impending Fall Foliage

A single grouping of trees (maybe three yellow, one green) etc. catch single leaves falling mid air with all the colorful foliage as the bokeh. climb up into a tree and shoot downward through the foliage...thats all I got so far haha
Take | In | Life Photography
wallybud is offline   Reply With Quote