Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation
Thread started 10 Oct 2008 (Friday) 22:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

My Acura

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Oct 10, 2008 22:33 |  #1

Gave her a good wash+wax last night, and figured since it was a nice afternoon out, I'd run to the beach and take a few quick photos.

IMAGE NOT FOUND IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

C&C welcomed.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Review | "The Mighty One" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
A_ADAMS
260 posts
Joined Oct 2008
somewhere with my family and my camera
Oct 10, 2008 22:47 |  #2

Like the pictures!
# 3 looks really over exposed. The bright sky was what I looked at first.
The car looks great though.
Nice pics though!

I LOVE my Canon Rebel XTi!!!!

http://www.heartlandim​agestvp.comexternal link

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Oct 10, 2008 22:51 |  #3

Yeah, I didn't have my tripod with me so I couldn't setup a bracket series to attempt an HDR. If I didn't blow out the skies, then the car wouldda been quite dark. I wasn't going to win that battle of the lights with that shot. :D

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

RadAL
Cream of the Crop
9,633 posts
Joined Oct 2005
Spanish Fort, AL
Oct 10, 2008 22:59 |  #4

the first one is a little soft focus

Equipment: Canon PowerShot A650IS (semi retired) and Canon Powershot G10 (primary) and Rebel XT 350D w/18-55mm kit lens and Quanterey 18-200mm-- www.youtube.com/alexan​der1485external link (has links to some of my pictures on the main page)

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA
Oct 11, 2008 12:15 |  #5

You should take that front license plate off!

[Gear List | Flickrexternal link | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protectionexternal link /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

jwcdds
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Aug 2004
Santa Monica, CA
Oct 11, 2008 13:32 |  #6

Haha... yeah, except my dealership never gave me the plugs for the license so I'd end up with 2 holes in the bumper and then I'd have to do more photochopping. I just figured this is how the car is in real life, I'll present it as such instead. :)

The idea of rolling around w/o the front plate has crossed my mind many times, but I'd rather not give the cops any excuse to harass me.

Julian

sixsixfour
Goldmember
1,781 posts
Joined May 2007
Orange County, CA
Oct 11, 2008 15:44 |  #7

jwcdds wrote in post #6477737 (external link)
Haha... yeah, except my dealership never gave me the plugs for the license so I'd end up with 2 holes in the bumper and then I'd have to do more photochopping. I just figured this is how the car is in real life, I'll present it as such instead. :)

The idea of rolling around w/o the front plate has crossed my mind many times, but I'd rather not give the cops any excuse to harass me.

you should try and pick up this plate frame I got for my car. its a little pricey, but I love the way it looks. its pretty solid too.

IMAGE: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/turboinline4/4UP_front800.jpg

I just used a Japanese plate to cover mine since im too lazy to photoshop it out.:cool:

sorry for the hijack.

Canon 7D / 50D / 30D / SL1 / XT

My photography-related addiction makes a crack habit look like a fiscally responsible pasttime.

rodal126
392 posts
Joined May 2007
Southern California
Oct 11, 2008 21:55 |  #8

sixsixfour wrote in post #6478211external link
you should try and pick up this plate frame I got for my car. its a little pricey, but I love the way it looks. its pretty solid too.

I just used a Japanese plate to cover mine since im too lazy to photoshop it out.:cool:

sorry for the hijack.

Looks good, I have a TL as well, it looks like that its using the tow hook in the front bumper.

beauty & fashion photographer
facebookexternal link :: websiteexternal link

sixsixfour
Goldmember
1,781 posts
Joined May 2007
Orange County, CA
Oct 11, 2008 22:11 |  #9

rodal126 wrote in post #6479756external link
Looks good, I have a TL as well, it looks like that its using the tow hook in the front bumper.

yeah this one goes on the tow hook. looks a lot cleaner :D

Canon 7D / 50D / 30D / SL1 / XT

My photography-related addiction makes a crack habit look like a fiscally responsible pasttime.

sponsored links

1,546 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Acura
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.