BUILDING THE PICTURE
I recently took a photography course called "The Art of Seeing". One of the modules was entitled "Building the Picture". This topic covered a large number of points but the key point of the lesson was to convey your your message through the photograph.
Anybody could be interested by Aunt Millie telling the story of each photograph as she pulls them out of a shoebox, but in reality a photograph has to tell the story itself to stand the test of time.
This competition will be judged by an esteemed panel of one with the criteria being based on the following:
What am I taking a picture of?
Do you see what I see?
Do you see what I say?
Do you see what I feel?
On the previous challenge there were various interesting interpretations of the subject and I'd like to see the same with this challenge. You are not held to any constrictions other than those posted below. Be creative!
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9:00pm PST (Pacific) Thursday, October 23, 2008. Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.